anyone else not coping with the heat!

linspins105

Reaction score
HI there,

Normally I love the hot weather but not at the moment I am always too hot, had last week off work so wasn't too bad at home could sit and cool down whenever i needed but back at work yesterday and it was soooo hot and started to make me feel sick and dizzy. No windows in my office as work in a warehouse and it feesl like being inside a greenhouse - and apparently yesterday wasn't that bad in there !!

Am taking a fan in today and a bottle of frozen water but any other idea!

Lindsey

Take a couple of flannels and if you have a fridge - get one wet n put it in a plastic bag in the fridge at work - the other one you can wet and ring out so tis nice n cool n then pop on the back of ya neck whilst u at ya desk.. when it starts gettin warm just go n swap over with the other flannel :)

Hope you have a cooler day today sweetheart - bein too hot sucks xxxxxxx

The temperatures down here in Malaga in July and August are really high so I dont know how I am going to cope being in my 6th and 7th month of pregnancy. I am already feeling the heat and it is just 20 to 25 degrees every day... not that I should be complaining! But everyone keeps warning me, so I am a bit freaked out.

I am like you Lindsey, I also like the hot weather, so this is gonna be a strange summer for me, methinks... :D

I normally love the summer months but on Sunday it was really quite warm and I had to keep going inside the house because I was getting so hot I felt dizzy!!

I'm dreading to think how bad I'm going to be feeling if it gets REALLY hot!

Also.... I'm going to Cyprus at the end of June for a week so I'll probably end up flying home early because it's making me so ill. The only good bit is that we are in a villa and not a hotel so I can spend all day in the pool if I want to without everyone thinking I'm a fish!!

I think I'm the only one in my family not suffering with the heat and I work outside in the sun!!!!

My hubby has been moaning about it continuously and I keep saying I'm cold and getting him to shut the door in the evening.

I've got a lovely tan 8)

i know its a bit gross, but it melted my galaxy and i ate it :shock:

was verrrry yummy :lol: x

I enjoyed the sun whilst it lasted (rain here again already :x ) I was concerned about the summer and dealing with the heat so brought a new fan and some nice light summery clothes and they have really helped I have a fan at work one in bedroom and one in my front room so I am always cooled down, drinking loads really helps too as soon as I feel dehydrated I feel quite ill but if I drink plenty then I feel fine!
If the only place you really struggle is work I would talk to your boss about it cause they should be doing/have done risk assesments on your work in regards to your pregnancy and if your not feeling well cause of the heat they should do something about it perhaps buy you a big fan for your desk or something.

I'm going to get a little cooler bag from Woolworths (about £3-£5) to keep cool snacks in, maybe you should try that? though I think I may be tempted to put my head in it at times! x

Thanks for all your replies and tips on keeping cool, a few of which I will try if needed but "luckily" the weather has changed so don't feel so bad now although my ankles seem now to have started to rebell and have swollen up! so just sitting here with my feet up!! thought the day was going too well (lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back