• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

iron tablets?

hayley_17

Reaction score
i went to the midwife yesterday & she took blood from me... & gave me the dreaded anti-d injection... :? had it in my thigh in the end & hurt quite alot... but not 4 long! so i worried 4 no reason lol

anyways, back 2 the subject lol my midwife rang 2day, the blood i got taken showed my iron levels were low. shes prescribed tablets 4 me, gotta pick them up tommorow. i was just wondering whether i will just get prescribed them 4 a few weeks or whether i will have 2 have them all the way to the end of my pregnancy?? it might be a silly question, im just not sure!!

thanks in advance 4 ur help :D

hayley xxx

hi hayley

I started my iron tablets last week, then today my doc phoned and said my iron is still dropping so need to take 3 a day not 1....

I am guessing when my iron gets back to normal they will stop me taking them... i dont mind taking them till the end of the pregnancy as its just like taking a vitamin.... also stops me worrying about my diet!!!

hope this helps

Keely xxx

I think you will now need to take them until the end of the pregnancy I did and then after I had to keep taking them for a week or so because I lost quite a bit of blood although the hospital didnt bother to tell me that it was only 2 days later when the midwife checked my notes!

heya, thanks 4 ur replies :D

keely, my midwife said i have to take 2 a day, one with breakfast and one with my main meal! im worried that i wont remember to take them!!

im at the hospital in 2 weeks 4 my last scan, will they test my blood again then to see if my iron levels are back 2 normal or will they take longer 2 kick in?? soz bout all the questions... my midwife just isn't much help!!

thanks again

hayley xx

well i thought it would take a while for them to get in your system, but i had only been taking them for a week and my doc said it was still low!! I was thinking god give me chance to digest them!! haha xxxx

lol yeh it must be a while... i would of thought longer than a week!! i don't no if its just my midwife but she really isn't very helpful... she never tells me all the details! lol

she said it makes you really constipated and can turn ur poo black :? has anyone had this??

Hey hun, I never used to remember to take mine I asked for a liquid form as I cant swallow tablets :oops: and got given the tablets which I had to crush lol. I forgot them sometimes but it doesnt matter, it can also help to eat iron rich food such as brocoli, which I craved anyway which helped.

thanks 4 ur reply... im ok taking tablets so i shud be ok :D am glad its not too bad to forget them!! lol

i love broccoli newayz... so that shud b okies :D :D

thanks xx

yer hayley the constipation is true!! I offically have a butt plug!! haha :oops:

I got told to drink OJ with them as that can help stop you getting constipated! Oh the joys of pregnancy! Your poo also goes black when youve been taking them a while!!

thanks michelle, will remember that & will drink orange juice with them!! lol yeh midwife said poo could turn black :? i started on them this morning, am having to take 2 a day... when will the lovely affects start?? lol

lmao keely! i really hope the constipation decides 2 not affect me lol i doubt it though :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back