Iron tablets and early pregnancy

Babygiz

Reaction score
Hi all,

So i found out today I'm pregnant with number two! Over the moon but also still shaking like a leaf. I'm currently on iron tablets as my iron levels were quite low last summer,do you know if I can still take them ? Has anyone else been in this position ?

I've rang the gp but as usual takes ages to get any response from them

Congratulations! I don't know sorry, hopefully someone will be able to help or you'll be able to speak to your GP soon x

You may be advised to keep taking them until blood results come back as that will say what your iron levels are like, if still low you'll probably be advised to keep taking them. Or could you phone or go into a chemist/drop in centre.xx

Iron tablets are fine to take in pregnancy. You need more iron when pregnant, so if you were told to take them pre-pregnancy, I'd continue to take them. Just mention it to your midwife at your booking in appointment.

Congrats, I was prescribed iron tablets yesterday (something beginging with F) I'm on a low does but will be increased depending on blood test results.

Thanks everyone finally got a call back at 5pm. They are fine to take thank goodness x

Hi all,

So i found out today I'm pregnant with number two! Over the moon but also still shaking like a leaf. I'm currently on iron tablets as my iron levels were quite low last summer,do you know if I can still take them ? Has anyone else been in this position ?

I've rang the gp but as usual takes ages to get any response from them

Congratulations! Have you considered asking your local pharmacist? They should be able to advise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back