Internal Scan - Whats it like ?

Beckyjane

Reaction score
I Have an internal scan as well as ultrasound in an hour, anyone had one and could let me know what to expect.

Thank you xx

I was advised not to go anywhere that offers an internal scan. My midwife and the place that I went to said theyre both undignified and not necessary when you can have a perfectly good ultrasound.
My ultrasound yesterday was lovely so I hope yours is the same :) Drink plenty of water xx

I had to have a few internal scans due to a tilted uterus and they are fine hunny, dont worry x x

I had an internal scan in January, I've had 4 now, its fine. The probe looks too big to fit in, iykwim, but dont worry because they only put the tip in! They put plenty of lube on it, try to relax as its harder to get in if you tense up. It's a bit cold and you can feel it moving about gently inside, but it doesnt hurt x

I've had 3 or 4 hun and their not that bad. I was terrified before each of mine lol! They don't see everything down below cause they put a bit of blue paper over you down there and they're just concentrating on the screen. The wand isn't very big(well it is, but not the bit they put inside!) and it's not painful hun, just feels a little uncomfortable when their moving it about.. You will be fine :) and good luck :hugs:x

Last edited:
Ive had a few... really not bad at all :) hope everythings ok xx

I've had 2 and they are fine, just relax and concentrate on looking at the screen :petal: xxx

I've had 4 or 5 and they are not painful at all, you will be fine. good luck. xx

I was advised not to go anywhere that offers an internal scan. My midwife and the place that I went to said theyre both undignified and not necessary when you can have a perfectly good ultrasound.
My ultrasound yesterday was lovely so I hope yours is the same :) Drink plenty of water xx
That's very odd cause my hospital does all early scans before 10 weeks via internal as the pclicture and measurements r suppose to be better!
Mine was quite dignified tho lol, they gave me a gown to cover my lower half, they had a one second look and put the scanner in. I was covered up the whole time. Even had a man do it before and I didn't feel embarrassed or upset. Its all for the baby u see I think throughout ur preg and esp labour u just get on with what's needed! Hope all goes well xx

That's very odd cause my hospital does all early scans before 10 weeks via internal as the pclicture and measurements r suppose to be better!
Mine was quite dignified tho lol, they gave me a gown to cover my lower half, they had a one second look and put the scanner in. I was covered up the whole time. Even had a man do it before and I didn't feel embarrassed or upset. Its all for the baby u see I think throughout ur preg and esp labour u just get on with what's needed! Hope all goes well xx

I agree constantstar, my hospital does all early scans this way as you get a much clearer picture, i didnt feel undignified at all i was well covered and made to feel comfortable. xx

I had 2 internal scans and very diginfied both times get good measurements this way too. Dont worry u will b fine xx

I agree with the other ladies, my internal was very dignified.

Back when I had my first, it was standard procedure to do an internal scan before 9 weeks.

Sometimes I wonder if these private clinics just say these things to put people off the NHS. I suppose at the end of the day, thats how they make there money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back