interesting read

cassi

Reaction score
Well like you all said sex can help induce labour because of the p's in the sperm but apparently it works better if you swallow it!!!

Sex

Sex as means of getting labour started is thought to work in three ways: firstly the movement may help to stimulate the uterus into action; secondly, sex can trigger the release of oxytocin, the 'contraction' hormone; thirdly, semen contains a high concentration of prostaglandins which help to ripen, or soften, the neck of the womb (cervix) ready for it to dilate when labour starts.

Is it safe?

Sex is safe as long as your waters have not broken. Once this has happened, making love may increase the risk of infection. You should also avoid sex if you have a low-lying placenta or have had vaginal bleeding. Men often feel uncomfortable making love to their partners with a baby so obviously in the way but the baby will not know what is happening and will not be harmed.

Does it work?

Not enough studies have been done but, if nothing else, it will take your mind off the waiting.

How do I try it?

At this stage in your pregnancy sex is easier said than done. Try spoons, with your partner entering from behind or use the bed as a prop: your bulge isn't an obstacle if you lie on your back at the side or foot of the bed with your knees bent, and your bottom and feet perched at the edge of the mattress. Your partner can either kneel or stand in front of you. Alternatively, giving your partner oral sex may work better. It is thought that prostaglandins are absorbed more efficiently through the gut than through the vagina. (Note: you may prefer to keep this piece of information to yourself.)

see the bottom of how do i try it. not sure if i will though....maybe if i go over and get really desperate lol

:rotfl: :rotfl:

very interesting wish i had knowing all that back then :lol:

with my 1st baby i have to tell u i pretty much tried ALL of that and it never worked for me :rotfl: :oops:

quite glad my hubby didn't know that when i was 8 days over due :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back