Natural induction of labour?

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Ok, I got this from the babycentre website- skip to the oral part, really? Or is this written by a man??

Sex

Sex as a means of getting labour started is thought to work in three ways: firstly orgasm may help to stimulate the uterus into action; secondly, sex can trigger the release of oxytocin, the "contraction" hormone; thirdly, semen contains a high concentration of prostaglandins which may help to ripen, or soften, the neck of the womb (cervix) ready for it to dilate when labour starts.

How do I try it?
At this stage in your pregnancy sex is easier said than done. Try spoons, with your partner entering from behind or use the bed as a prop: your bulge isn't an obstacle if you lie on your back at the side or foot of the bed with your knees bent, and your bottom and feet perched at the edge of the mattress. Your partner can either kneel or stand in front of you. Alternatively, giving your partner oral sex may work better. It is thought that prostaglandins are absorbed more efficiently through the gut than through the vagina. (Note: you may prefer to keep this piece of information to yourself!)

lol, no idea but it sounds just like something my OH would say!

Haha! I don't think i'll care how it goes if it gets baby moving! lol! I'm sick of being pregnant now, by 40 weeks it'll be the most mechanical sex ever just to get things moving! Haha x

Yep 100% true my consultant and midwife both suggested oral sex at dif times in the space of two weeks with my last pregnancy the same thing is in pineapples too lol but you have to eat seven pineapple to get te same amour of stuff one 'cum shot' would give you lol x

Oh dear, thanks Evie, lol! TMI but with the SPD it's not possible to get it in the other way without me breaking in half! My OH is delighted, he reckons three times a day would be a good start :shock: Nevermind 40 weeks, 39 weeks and I'm done!!!!

Last edited:
Lol bless ya! Give it a go you never know might work Hun x

Hey it could be worse, I'll give anything a go for now! Although if it works and anyone asks if we tried anything, the firm answer is no :blush:

:rotfl: enit it's one of them things I would never admit to lol!! x

:rofl: I thought it meant oral sex for us, I was like YEAH :yay: then I realised what it was saying... hmph!

Haha oral sex for us may help too my midwife told me if a woman has an orgasum it can soften the cerxix and produce endorphens that may start the labour - but its not allot lol but oh doesn't need to know it hasn't got as much chance! Lol x

^^^ god if thats the theory then my cervix must be solid as a rock!

oh wow, OH might have to get his map out to find his way through the now overgrown lady garden, don't fancy that much, will def have to get the strimmer out!!

:rotfl: I don't want to be over due again this time so I have been making preperations already I eat a pineapple a week and make oh do the lady garden every 2-3 weeks lol!! It's an excuse but it may help I will refute to 'cum shots' :sick: two to three weeks before I'm due haha!! And if I'm not uncomfy two weeks before I'm due but dambit I'm
using hot baths and curry first haha!!!

evening primrose oil next...Id have to get really desparate to try the cum shots!! Id rather direct application to my cervix :rofl:

The thought of it is making me sick! lol! Although i'm sure i'll be giving ANYTHING a try at 40 weeks! Haha! Was telling OH about this last night and he sounded ever so impressed! Pfft! Nasty tasting stuff - Eurgh!!

Well I've had the bath this morning, rasp leaf tea capsules, OH has been dropping hints, maybe suggest a curry for lunch ;)

Lol yes curry - make sure it's a Balti ita not the heat as such it's some herb in it oh and anything with origarno is good too maybe a really nice pizza mmm x

OH I thought it was the heat, good to know!! I already had a baked potato at 11am cause I was so hungry :blush:

Lol I'm having a baked potato for lunch mmm with very mild curry lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back