Inspired by Skatty

Melanie

Reaction score
Inspired by Katt telling us about leorah having fun with drinking from a beaker i decided to go buy a sippy cup for Thea.

I found one that had a decent lid that didn't need her to suck to get the juice out. She loved it!!! We gave her, her first taste of baby juice (4month stuff). She was so impressed and drank 20z straight off on her own with minimal spillage lol.

I couldnt believe how well she did. She just took the cup from her daddy and used both hands, got it to her mouth straight away and got on with the drinking lol!

DSCF0679_large.jpg

aw bless her... keeley's too lazy for a cup she won't drink from it lol

aww bless, she is coming on swimmingly melanie you must be so proud xx

That's fab!! I have some lidded cups but haven't given Leorah one of those, perhaps I should try! Its just that she has a bottle of EBM at night so I thought it might be hard weaning her from the breast, a bottle and a sippy cup eventually. She looks like she's really enjoying that! What flavour is the juice?

Well done Thea :hug:

It's apple and red currant HIPP juice Katt. She was really impressed lol. The reason i gave her a sippy cup was Thea wont even entertain drinking from a bottle so i dont have to worry about the extra weaning aspect.

mm that sounds nice :D Leorah had some frozen pure diluted pink grape juice in her baby safe feeder when we were at my Mum's as she was teething, she loved it!!

Are you still going to do BLW Mel? If so when will you start? I am leaving it until Leorah is near 6 months because of her intolerances so I think we may be doing it around the same time. We will definitely have to get a regular thread going, I'm so looking forward to it! I mashed some banana onto Leorah's dummy today and she was very impressed!

Yeah i still plan on BLW Katt. Thea does have frozen fruit occasionally already for her teeth, she is a pro at using the feeder herself now :)
I'm planning on starting her around the 5 and half months to 6 months mark.

I gave Thea a spoonful of baby yogurt (i buy them for myself because i dont like adult yogurts with bits in lol) she was impressed but wanted to feed herself it and i dont think we are quite there yet :rotfl:

Melanie said:
Yeah i still plan on BLW Katt. Thea does have frozen fruit occasionally already for her teeth, she is a pro at using the feeder herself now :)
I'm planning on starting her around the 5 and half months to 6 months mark.

I gave Thea a spoonful of baby yogurt (i buy them for myself because i dont like adult yogurts with bits in lol) she was impressed but wanted to feed herself it and i dont think we are quite there yet :rotfl:

That's brilliant that Thea can use the feeder herself, Leorah drops it a lot I think because its quite heavy, I think she'll be better when at 6 months she can eat without the feeder.

As for the yoghurt I let Leorah play with a plastic spoon, she doesn't often get the right end in her mouth but it means she's getting used to handling it. I know a lot of mums doing baby lead weaning with older babies let them have a go with a spoon but do admit its messy! (I don't know them personally its what I've read on blogs). I plan to let Leorah make as much mess as she wants as I am going to give her whatever we have for dinner (I don't add salt and we can sprinkle chilli on after) so when she is ready she will be eating pasta and sauce with her fingers and I will enjoy seeing her enjoy it (also we don't have carpet just laminate so easy to clean up as well as a dog like you! They will be in their elimant too wont they :lol:

Nice one Mel, I should try one of those cups with Otis as well especially since he's decided he no longer wants to drink out of a bottle (EBM) :x !!!
Also wish I had taken a photo of it as I gave Otis a piece of Strawberry on Saturday morning (chip size) and he held it and put it in his mouth and started eating it by him self!!!! I'll try again tomorrow and take a photo. I'm sooo chuffed! I didn't use the feeder as I think the texture of the net doesn't please him, besides I was watching him the whole time.

Daggers that's great that Otis fed himself the strawberry, he's just at the age when they are supposed to be developmentally ready to start, that's exciting! I can't wait not long now until Leorah starts, absolutely everything goes in her mouth now so I know she is capable of getting it there it will just be interesting to see if she'll eat anything because she's still very much into her milk!

Pics please!!

Well done Thea :clap:

Well done Otis too :clap:

Gabriella had some water from a magic beaker and she knew exactly what to do; it's amazing really.

I will be doing BLW but at the moment Gabriella is having baby rice and purees in the day; she was so ready for more and is sleeping fantastically now. I gave her the spoon to try and she also puts her hand in the tub, very messy already :D

Good luck with BLW girls :D

Melanie sorry to copy you :roll: , but I just had to post a pic of Otis drinking from his cup for the first time as well, he really like it (water with a bit of mango).

DSC00284.jpg

Cheers for your post Melanie, now Otis can enjoy something other than just milk ( :puke: , surpirsed he ain't bored of it as yet!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back