Do you steralise sippy cups?

laracomps

Reaction score
As the title says really. I have finally gotten Phoebe to take a little water or juice (only give it every few days, she gets a bit constipated when its hot out). It seems it might not have been the taste she didn't like (tho it could have been, and she now is ok with it?!) but the fast flow of all the cups. She is the same with bottles, she has to have a slower flow than she should have really.

So, I have 1 bottle now that is just for water and juice, and a new sippy cup from Dr Browns - they will just be for water or juice. Do you / would you steralise these?! Would putting them in the dishwasher be good enough?

Have to say the Dr Browns cup seems really good - its a non spill one, but it seems really easy to drink out of! I try them all myself now before giving it to her after seeing her screaming trying to get anything out of the stupid tommee tippee bottle to cup trainer :wall: Will update when I've tried her with it whether it IS actually any good or not.

Thanks all.

i only sterilise anything that has had milk in it, and even that is more through paranoia than necessity. as long as things are washed in v hot water and washed thoroughly, there is no need for sterilising :) i won't sterilise anything after 6 months.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I gave up sterilising yonks ago... mainly because lil miss puts EVERYTHING in her mouth atm... so er...whats the point :wall: :wall: :wall: its washed in the dish washer at 70º....

Cheers you two.

Everything goes in Phoebe's mouth too now! I guess I'm just a bit anal about the whole steralising thing :oops:

She just had her first unsteralised cup of VERY diluted apple juice. You should have seen her face haha, dunno if it was the coldness of it, or the taste.

I don't steralise juice/water cups and my wee man has always been fine.

I think I used to steralise them for drinks of water until he reached 4 months and then got fed up with it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back