infuriating trip to the GP!

dina.marie

Reaction score
well i went to my GP today to extend my sick note (my boss said to have another week off) anyway she was writing me out a prescription for some more iron and asking me how i was bla bla.

so i can rule out every possible reason for my m/c i asked to be tested for STI's, she gave me a DIY test to do at home.i dont think i have got anything but you never know, i should have really done it before i got pregnant in the first place but anyway.....

she then turned around and said "THE FACT THAT YOU SMOKED BEFORE YOU GOT PREGNANT IS PROBABLY A FAR GREATER FACTOR THAN ANYTHING ELSE" !!!
WTF, oh because i smoked before that means a deserved to lose my baby!!!?!?!?!??! i quit months before we tried concieving and this is what i get. does anyone else think it could be a factor???
:evil: :evil: :evil: sorry very annoyed :wall:

hiya NO it's not alot of my pregnant friends smoke and they have and are having perfectly healthy pregnancies, also the fact you gave up before you concieved means it made no affect on the baby, oh and 1 other thing i smoked before all of my 3 pregnancies (gave up cold terky as soon as i found out i was preg) and i had 2 healthy children so i believe what she said is wrong and realy insencative and out of order :evil: gosh i would of had a right go at her :evil:
soz i had to have a rant there lol

lol its nice to have someone to have a rant with... thanks for that, i had almost just stopped blaming myself and then she said that! grrrr.

No. I dont think that had anything to do with it. I smoked before i was PG with my first. DD wasnt planned and i was 6 weeks before i even knew i was pregnant! I gave up when i found out and fortunately could not bear the smell of fag smoke for the first few months. I may have smoked maybe 5 a week during the pregnancy in the last few weeks (if that!) Dont take any notice of the silly bint! :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back