early induction...your experience?

lio

Reaction score
I am having an early induction on Monday due to Obstetric cholestatis... And i am terryfied that it's going to be a lot more painful than natural birth...can you tell me about your experiences? Did you get epidural? How long did it last? So scared... :(

i was induced at 35+5, i had my waters broke, i found it nore painful because the contractions came on straight away no build up, mine ended in emergency c section

You'll get an epidural hun if you want it :) In fact they will probably push it on you near the end....

Problem is you need to get to 3/4 cm in dilation first... which can take some time... When you go in for your induction, tell them you want an epidural immediately when you can... that way the minute you get to established labour, they will get them to come down and put it in...

Tbh my epidural was lovely and it was such a relief :)

Usually pre term induced labours are longer and more difficult because the baby is being forced out rather than coming out in its own time.

Don't worry too much, you only need to get to the 3/4cm bit and then you get the pain relief... Forget about people telling you to have a natural birth or making you feel bad because you want help... its hard work and your case is different... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tbh, even if you were to do it "au natural" you would probably end up having some form or intervention so an epidural is your best option, because they can monitor you and baby all the time, and if you do need an emergency c section in the end, they can get you there faster because the epi can be topped up into a spinal block in seconds.. so you even get to see your baby born rather than being knocked out... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had an induction but not early but thought I would let you know how I felt about it :D

I had 2 pessaries in the end and the labour was fine, fairly quick but the thing I didn't like was I went into hospital on the Monday eve, had a pessary and had to stay on the antenatal ward without hubbie, having contractions but not being dialated enough to go to the labour ward. I knew that if something did happen they would have called hubbie and told him to come in but I really wanted and needed him there. The whole labour and contractions were fine (as much as they could be :roll: ) and there was plently of time if I had wanted any drugs etc.

Hope it all goes well :hug:

i was induced but 10 days late and it was more painful than going into labour naturally, sorry but im not gunna lie to you! There was no build up, the pains just came out of no where so i didn't have time to get used to them. plus it was only a 2 hour labour so that probably didn't help. Whereas my 1st labour was 10 hours and not induced so seemed easier and less painful. The only good thing about it was that it was over so quik but i know not everyone is so lucky, so best of luck xx

[quote="but the thing I didn't like was I went into hospital on the Monday eve, had a pessary and had to stay on the antenatal ward without hubbie, having contractions but not being dialated enough to go to the labour ward. I knew that if something did happen they would have called hubbie and told him to come in but I really wanted and needed him there. :hug:[/quote]

This is my consern as well... Could you go home with your husband and wait there?

ive not had an induction, and i dont even think anyone has ever experienced labor exactly the same as another woman.. or indeed on the next children.. every single one is different..

my thoughts on it would be.. its obviously safer for the baby to come earleir.. or they wouldnt induce you.. and.. its gotta come out one way.. so perhaps its better for you to think.. well lets just get there and get it done rather than trying to imagine the pain.. and frightening yourself about sections.. chances are you will be fine.. and most 1st labors tend to be a good 12 hrs.. so jsut prepare yourself for that.. and good luck xxx

I was induced with the drip at 33 weeks. Started at approx 9.30am and she was born at 8.42pm.

It's certainly true that the contractions come on thick and fast, and I wasn't expecting that so got a bit of a shock, paniced, and asked for an epidural stright away. Epi was fab!

TBH, and I don't want to scare you, but you should be prepared, then nothing will be so bad...once you're induced there is the cascade of intervention. That is, once you're induced, you're more likely to need an epidural. Once you have an epidural, you're more likely to need assisted delivery, (forceps, ventouse), more likely to need episiotomy etc.

But, if you know that's likely and you're having a very managed labour and delivery, you'll cope. And with an epidural, you won't feel a thing!

Good luck!!

my waters broke on their own, so i went to hospital but it was taking its time and i was in a bit of pain, they gave me pethadine to get me to sleep, and while i was asleep they induced me via drip!!! while i was asleep!!! well!! that seemed to get it going somewhat!! they gave me a mobile epidural. but i dont think its more painful as such, its just quicker, so your missing out on the pains you will get normally, but going strait to the end pains! (even i have confused myself now)!!! hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back