Induction Advice

Cameron2010

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Not posted in a long time, feels like yesterday I was constantly on the site during the 2ww and going through losses and now I'm being taken in to be induced on Sunday at 37+5 (04/06/17)!! Can't quite believe it's really happening.

Anyway. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips for me. E.g. if there's anything I can do to help the pessary work, if there's anything that you'd recommend doing before going to hospital, anything that happened during induction that you weren't expecting etc etc.

Thank you :) xx

I'm also being induced on the 18th, so will follow this thread if that's ok?! This is my 3rd baby so hoping it's not going to be a long ordeal.....

Good luck xxxxxxx

Hopefully not for both of us bythesea! How far on will you be when you're induced? Good luck hope everything goes great xx

I'll be 39 weeks.....they've said to expect it to take up to 2 days, but realistically they are expecting it to baby to arrive the same day. Baby is already 2/5 engaged and I started losing a bit of plug today so I'm hoping my cervix will be 'favourable' by the time the day comes. X

I was independent fed, but by the drip rather than the pessary- I had pre eclampsia so was a bit urgent!

I can't really give much advice unfortunately, it only took around 6 hrs from start to finish, and I didn't really feel any contractions for the first few hours, they were happening coz they were on the screen, but I couldn't feel them!
That all changed around 5hrs in, some say that being induced can mean the pains are more intense as they are artificial, so to speak, but I had nothing to compare it too. I had diamorphine (a bit early in my opinion) and just gas and air at the end.

So, I didnt really get any of the slowbuild up, but you should be quite closely monitored.
Good luck! Xx

Also. Good luck bythesea, I was in June mummies, but had an ectopic - now in October mummies instead! X

I'm not sure why the first line says independent fed, it's meant to say induced, lol!

Hi there's not really much you can do. I was induced sun morning and had an emergency section on the tues night. Unfortunately alot of inductions end in a section. All I can advice is to go with it sorry that not helpful. Take lots of food and mags xx

I was induced as was 10 days overdue. Again not really much helpful advice as they're so personal but just go with it. It was a fairly long affair for me so I agree with blueclass take plenty of things to entertain you and snacks. Also take tens machine if you were planning on using one. Won't try to scare you with any details as like I said they're so different for every one x

Good luck today Cameron!!!!! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you Hun. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back