In reply to my previous question about spotting on the 7th January. Still no period?!

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
The title pretty much says everything.
I had spotting on Friday 7th January, I made a post on this section asking if I could possibly be pregnant as me and my partner have been trying for a while now. I went to the hospital due to having kidney pains on Sunday 9th January and found out I had a UTI. My pregnancy test also came back negative. Could this have been too early to detect a pregnancy?

It's day 40 of my cycle (yes my periods are irregular but they have never been more than 40 days into my cycle). I'm praying I'm pregnant, I really thought I was when I had the spotting because it's never happened before.

I'm terrified to do a test because I'll be heartbroken if it says negative like all the others I did last year. My partner also doesn't want me to do a test because he'll be upset if it says negative :( I don't want to let him down.

Opinions on this?
& shall I go out a buy a pregnancy test?
Thanks ladies xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya,

Sorry about all your disappointment so far! Its not easy this baby making thing as Im finding out more and more.

Erm I would say go and get a test but prepare yourself for it being negative, at the end of the day you need to know one way or another but dont pin all your hopes on it being a postive but fx for a BFP!!! I think the longer you leave it and if AF dosent turn up today or tomorrow then your going to be constantly thinking about it and winding yourself up more.

A hard call but thats what I would do as I would rather know one way or another.

Good Luck XX

Hiya,

Sorry about all your disappointment so far! Its not easy this baby making thing as Im finding out more and more.

Erm I would say go and get a test but prepare yourself for it being negative, at the end of the day you need to know one way or another but dont pin all your hopes on it being a postive but fx for a BFP!!! I think the longer you leave it and if AF dosent turn up today or tomorrow then your going to be constantly thinking about it and winding yourself up more.

A hard call but thats what I would do as I would rather know one way or another.

Good Luck XX

Thank you :)
I'll pop out and buy a test later on, but yes I will prepare myself for a negative. I really don't feel pregnant at all, just a missed period is the only sign right now and of course the spotting on the 7th, whatever that was!

Thanks for the luck, If it's meant to be it will happen :)
Good luck to yourself also xxxxxx

Hey :wave:

Defo get a test just to put your mind at rest hun, although it may be a :bfn: still doesn't mean your not pregnant as the whole time your period isn't around means your in with a chance still

Keep us posted :)

xxxx

I'm off out now girls, Will get a test and do it later on today! Okay to test later on in the day or shall I wait til tomorrow?

Good luck with your test. Fx it's a BFP for you xxx

Most tests say to use first morning urine as its the most concentrated and not diluted but if you're late for a period then it might be ok. If you get a pack of two you could try one this afternoon and if BFN wait a few days and do it in the morning. Or you could wait til the morning and do one then?

Hope it's a BFP for you! x x

Hey girls. It was a bfn but I'm still finding it hard to believe I'm not pregnant.
It's an Asda brand pregnancy test, two came in the pack so yeah I think I should do the second test either tomorrow or in a few days. No sign of period yet, no pains either and my period pains are usually very painful a few days before and during my period :/

Partner thinks I should do the test again because he thinks I did it wrong :S
I was really upset it was a bfn today, but if it's meant to happen it will, I'm sure :)
Thanks for the replies and I'll keep you posted!

Sorry to hear that hun, it's always like a slap in the face when you only see one line, it's heartbreaking. Perhaps get an appointment with the doc and request a blood test, it'll give you a definite answer whereas some ladies don't get positive tests for a few days/couple of weeks but the blood test will defo say if the hormone has increased. :) x x

Sorry to hear that hun, it's always like a slap in the face when you only see one line, it's heartbreaking. Perhaps get an appointment with the doc and request a blood test, it'll give you a definite answer whereas some ladies don't get positive tests for a few days/couple of weeks but the blood test will defo say if the hormone has increased. :) x x

Thanks hun :) yeah, at first I thought I was pregnant because there was a horizontal line behind the control line.. I thought that was a positive as some tests count a cross to mean pregnant. But when I looked on the box I noticed you have to have two vertical lines for it to count as pregnant :( gutted.

Yeah I'm extremely tempted to go to the doctors about all this. First baby as well.. so perhaps my ovaries aren't working like they should be, I don't know :/ but I'd rather find out than not. Will look into the doctors appointment later this week. Thanks again and wishing you all the best with your ttc! xx

Which test was it? A lot of ladies on here, including myself recommend the First Response test as the Clearblue is notorious for evaporation lines and false positives. I even had one myself. :(

I have irregular periods too - currently CD60(!) so I can definitely understand how annoying the waiting is. Have you tried using ovulation predictor kits? x x

Which test was it? A lot of ladies on here, including myself recommend the First Response test as the Clearblue is notorious for evaporation lines and false positives. I even had one myself. :(

I have irregular periods too - currently CD60(!) so I can definitely understand how annoying the waiting is. Have you tried using ovulation predictor kits? x x

It was an asda brand test :/ I may retest in a few days, I don't feel a period coming on anytime soon. It's almost day 41 of my cycle.. never been more than 40 days before.
Yeah it's awful having irregular periods, but my friend has had them all her life and she managed to get pregnant a few years ago :) No but I was going to get some, I might invest in some to be honest!

xx

I feel the same, AF feels like a million miles away and I really hope she is! :pray:

Lots of ladies use the cheap strips from eBay from a shop called FertilityPlan, I bought 50 because of my irregular cycles and started using them fairly early because I never know how long my cycle will be! :rolleyes:

They don't work for everyone though, in my case I got loads of lines and am still getting them so not really sure what it's indicating. There are other brands you can buy instore but they are more expensive - especially if your cycles are unpredictable/long. Are yours always 40 days?

x x

I feel the same, AF feels like a million miles away and I really hope she is! :pray:

Lots of ladies use the cheap strips from eBay from a shop called FertilityPlan, I bought 50 because of my irregular cycles and started using them fairly early because I never know how long my cycle will be! :rolleyes:

They don't work for everyone though, in my case I got loads of lines and am still getting them so not really sure what it's indicating. There are other brands you can buy instore but they are more expensive - especially if your cycles are unpredictable/long. Are yours always 40 days?

x x

:) All my best to you!
I have been taking record of my periods the past few months. My cycles have been..
33 Days
40 Days
36 Days

Today's day 41 and still nothing, not even a twinge of a period pain :/ I'm awfully confused, not stressed, just so so so confused and hopeful.

Ooooooo my fingers tightly crossed for you hun, it's sounding very promising

Xxx

The whole time the :witch: stays away, your still in the game :lol:

Just the not knowing is horrid :-(

xxx

Sorry wasent a BFP, but as your say do the other test and hopefully the witch stays away and was just too early to test!! Until coming on here i didnt really realise that the HPT can be wrong if not tested at the right time, shows how naive I was about the whole baby making process!! Lots of :dust:for you!!

Could drinking quite a bit before taking the pregnancy test dilute it somehow and cause a negative? :/
I admit I drank one two many cola's before doing the test.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back