• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In pain with SPD Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction...........

clucky77

Reaction score
Feeling a bit down today. I am moving to Tri 3 on weekend so thought I would post here as more ppl would know about SPD.

It's getting worse and I am only 26 weeks! I can't do what I want to do any more, mobility is limitted, can't excercise and even found out swimming breast stroke (my stroke) is bad. GOSH, swimming is usually ok for everything!

Really over it :( :( .........love bubs but am getting sorer by the day and it's making me hard to enjoy the pregnancy :(

:hug:

I totally know what your going through. I'm suffering with PGP, which is similar to SPD just I feel the discomfort and pain in the hips and lower back.

Have you been offered physio? I start on Thursday, I'd ask your MW if not. I've also started aqua natal, which is suppose to help too. I was just advised not to join in when the exercise's involve moving your legs out to the side.

I've posted the link below in another post but thought I'd post it here again for you, it may help.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... elvicpain/

How are you turning over in bed? I find it very difficult.

Yep seen a physio- have to go back thurs to get a brace fitted :(

I turn over with my legs together - doesn't seem too bad, but getting out of bed is bad.

I have a big lump on my bone on the right :(

Really not enjoying this. Will ask her about aque natal - is that like aqua aerobics??

:(

Yes, its like aqua aerobics, very similar just toned down a lil.

The lump sounds nasty :( it no fun at all I know :hug:

Fortunately I dont suffer with SPD, but ive heard how painful it can be. I hope it doesnt get any worse for you sweet :hug:

ive just been to the midwife today and was told this is what I have :( im in agony so totally know how you feel. She has given me the number for physio and also Aqua class things. Im fed up as well so your not on your own. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Boooohoooooooo :(

I have a whole trimester left! I just want to enjoy my pregnancy....

I feel for you guys - gatecrashing but ive started to get this as well and i cant even see a physio at the hpspital as the waiting list is so long there's no point, i have to pay for it myself which is such a bummer. I think we shoud all finish work now, and our OH's (or friends) should come home and look after us for the next trimester so we can lay on the sofa (in the most comfortable position we can!) all day!

:hug:

I've got this too, so I know how you're feeling.
So far, mine has been fairly mild, with it mainly affecting me when I've been sat for long periods (at work then!) and get up, and also turning over in bed, which is an absolute nightmare - near to impossible!
This week it appears to be getting worse and worse, and yesterday I was actually wincing in pain as I walked! Got my first physio appointment tomorrow though.

Hope everyone is coping ok with the pain x

:wave:
ive also got this had it for a while now, i can barley walk with mine :(
I told my mw bout it, but as i knew theres not a lot that can be done she did offer me physio if it gets really bad, but said that it doesnt do much good. Theres good news to it tho, she said at least you got a bit more room for when the babys head comes out now lol

Oh gosh- poor you! I can still walk at least although stairs hurt.

My MW didn't tell me that but I HOPE there's a + to this.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back