In laws just brought us a pram!!

Sorry you don't like it Kanga, what an awkward situation. On one hand it is very kind of her but on the other you are the one lumbered with a pram you don't like! I would probably keep it as a spare or use it just when you are seeing her? Depends on how often you would see her... I will only see my MIL when me and OH make a point of going round there and we don't mingle with any of the extended family really so would get away with living a double life with the pram! Though it's a pretty expensive thing to have two of....

Last edited:
Maybe tell a little white lie and say it won't fit in your car and the car seat isn't I i know its bad but I kinda know the feeling my mil keeps buying clothes from charity shops and 99% are horrid and the baby will never wear them but have to act really greatful I would be really upset if I didn't get to chose my pram might sound selfish but I agree its all part of having a baby choosing the pram and things. What does you OH think? Xx

Oh Kanga, I would be really upset if anyone bought us a pram without talking to us first. It's such a personal choice.

I would get OH to talk to his parents if it happened to us and just politely tell them that they shouldn't have and that it can't be accepted as have heart set on something else.

Inside my pregnancy hormones would be raging lol

That is such a huge assumption to make, they really should've checked with you first. There are always bargains going for travel systems, but it doesn't mean you want any of them just coz they are on offer!

I have managed to calm down a bit, but still don't really like it. I like the colour and attachments just not sure of the metal frame and basket, hoping I get used to it. Plus it really isn't the right colour is we end up team pink next Friday!!

Think I will get away with using it when we pop around the in laws and getting another one to use daily. They only spent £75 so I don't feel too bad about getting another one. Added pics I just took, it's down in the garage at the mo but will be moved into the in laws house later tonight. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776185.878518.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776185.878518.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 55
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776246.228772.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776246.228772.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 64
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776264.381470.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776264.381470.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 52
Sorry you don't like it hun!

If it were me I would still have said I don't like whether they could return or not but I'm quite blunt so maybe thats why!

If you can just use it to see them and still get the one you really want do that or if you are team pink then you have the perfect excuse to say you can't use it as it's too boyish!

Ah just caught up with this hun and I completely understand why you are disappointed. My mum and dad have offered to buy the pram, which we were over the moon about but I have made it clear me and my OH will go and choose it, then I'll take my mum shopping to buy it. It's a big decision, especially with your first. Like you say I'd personally get one I like and just use there's when I go to theirs xxx

Kanga can completely understand how you feel. My mum has offered to buy us a travel system but is going to give us the money once we have chosen one. I think it is a personal choice for you and DH. Your suggestion of getting another and just using that one when you go to their house is a good idea.

Aw Kanga how awkward. Perhaps you could suggest that they keep it for when they look after the baby? You might need to be brutally honest and just say that it didn't have the features that you were looking at in a pram. Might be better to deal with it now as they might carry on buying you stuff without you asking.

I think if it's anything like my mil it is a control thing - she wants to come across as being very generous to everyone else, but to you it feels like she is deciding everything. My mil really wants us to use the "family" cot that has been used for generations but 1) I don't like it and 2) it's not at all practical for us. Not quite the same but I do feel for you!! xx

I would say to use it at the beginning and once baby out of carry cot you can buy a better one that you actually like and use it until baby is 2 year old. Once you will see your LO so snug in there I bet you will even forget how the pram looks like. Most of mums buy more than one anyway because they get crappy eventually from using them every day. That gives you the chance to buy a really good and expensive second one a little later? That's how I would see it any way.
Also all depends of what your oh thinks too? I mean he may get hurt that you don't consider using it? If on the other hand he hates too then it's easy enough to just buy a new one and say this one was too big for the car....

Awww kanga I completely know how you feel

Hugs xxx

Id be going mad if someone bought me a pram i didnt like/want or wasnt consulted after. Again im very blunt about things and tell people the way it is if i feel the need to.
Hope you sort out this little predicament, did yiou have one in mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back