In laws just brought us a pram!!

kanga86

Reaction score
My in laws have just phoned me while at work saying they have brought us a travel system!! I have no idea what it looks like or anything!! They brought it straight away as its from a shop that closes down today, but I finish work at 2.30pm so I could have gone down there straight from work to at least see it first.

Not sure at the mo whether to be really excited or cry because it should be something me and my oh should have picked out!! And neither of us has seen it!! Xx

I can see it from your point of view but think it's sweet of them. Maybe if you didn't like it you would still have time to change it x

I think they've just seen it as a spontaneous nice gesture, and maybe hurried into the decision too much to think about how you would feel about it. I think they've just tried to do a nice thing, but I would totally understand about feeling like that pleasure has been removed from you and OH. Maybe they've just thought because of the wedding and stuff you would be happy to let someone else handle some things.

I don't know the best way to handle it, but you finish work in half an hour, pop round to see it at the shop and decide there and then if you like it. If it's fine and you like it, just pretend to be over the moon about it (if you can) and really grateful, but then say that you're looking forward to choosing all the other things for the baby yourself.

If you really don't like it, you'll just have to be honest, and quick, before the shop shuts.

Hope it works out xxx

Personally I would have absolutely hit the roof of my in laws did this! It is something you should have chosen yourself! I hope it's lovely and you do like but if you don't I wouldn't hesitate to tell them that you don't like it because they should not have bought something like that without checking first!!

My inlaws bought our nursery furniture for LO last year and I said from the outset it's nice that thy want to buy something but I will be choosing it and they can pay. But I was also like it with my parents who bought our pram!

The problem is they have already brought it and I bet the shop has a no return or exchange policy as its there last trading day today!!

I really don't want to be ungrateful and I am so happy that they have decided to help us with getting baby stuff. But I am stuck with it whether I like it or not and it just scares me incase I really don't like it.

I can't say too much as my mil seems to think I hate her at the mo anyway and somehow has got into her head that I want her to have nothing to do with me or the baby, that was only last weekend! So I have no idea what she is thinking!! So confused! Xx

Maybe subconsciously trying to force herself upon you and the baby?

Well if you're stuck with it there's not much you can do, just smile and say thanks. If you really hate it, just you and oh pick one you like and go for it. You can use the other one as a spare, and bring it out when the inlaws are there!

Let us know when you see it!! xx

Leaving work now!! Just hoping I like it, should have pics by 3ish xx

Hope you like it Kanga! I completely understand how you feel, I would be annoyed if anyone bought me something as important as that on a whim without consulting me. Nobody would anyway cos I'm well known to be fussy! It is a lovely gesture but that is one thing I feel you have to choose yourself! Fingers crossed you like it or don't know what you should do!

Hope you like it! If not, and no chance of refund I'd probably stick it on eBay, might get a bit of money on it for the inlaws and then pick your own.

Oh crikey that's a bit awkward. On one hand I can see how it's a nice thing for your in law's to do, but if it was me i'd have the right hump. I'm quite specific about what I want from a pram and unless they knew what i wanted they might not get the right thing. That sounds really selfish doesn't it??

I hope it's all ok Kanga x

I think i would be exactly the same as you! I def wanted to choose my own pram as im the one who is going to be using it all the time. Even though ive ordered mine - im still unsure! Hope its all ok xx

It's a bit awkward as sat with my mil now as oh has popped out. I really don't like it but there is nothing I can do about it. :cry: haven't managed to get pics yet but I will try in a bit xx

Oh crikey that's a bit awkward. On one hand I can see how it's a nice thing for your in law's to do, but if it was me i'd have the right hump. I'm quite specific about what I want from a pram and unless they knew what i wanted they might not get the right thing. That sounds really selfish doesn't it??

I hope it's all ok Kanga x

It doesn't sound selfish, I think it's one of the most special things you and your OH do together, although my hubby didn't take much interest in picking ours! He just goes with what I say, even though I was actually thinking of him when picking it! (I got an off-road wheeled pram cos he'll probably go jogging with the baby or walks in the park and stuff)

I think it's just been an oversight, thinking they were being helpful. But I would also feel pretty bumped about it.

It's a Chicco one. Looks a bit like the ones in the pics but is all blue rather than check. It comes with a carry cot, car seat and pushchair part, just so unhappy about it :( xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327767855.383896.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327767855.383896.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 79
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327767869.326395.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327767869.326395.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 80
It's a bit awkward as sat with my mil now as oh has popped out. I really don't like it but there is nothing I can do about it. :cry: haven't managed to get pics yet but I will try in a bit xx

Sorry I missed this kanga, I'm really sorry you don't like it. You might come round to it or you might just have to bite the bullet and sell it on, and deal with mil as best you can xx

Oh hun, so sorry. I dont understand why she wouldn't consult you on this first. Such a shame that the store is closing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back