Results from NT scan - not good :(

possum

Reaction score
Had my 13 week scan today and the results from the NT scan (the measurement at the back of the baby's neck) and bloods gave me a 1 in 228 chance of a downs baby which is higher than normal for my age group. I am now booked in for an amnio in a couple of weeks and my emotions are all over the place - sad, scared, worried about whether I'm doing the right thing.
I don;t think I could go through the next 7 months worrying about whether the baby had downs so I am pretty sure about the amnio but it doesn't make it any less worrrying.

We haven't told many people and now we don;t want to until we know more information. It's all a bit much to take in at the moment, and although I know there is still a 277 chance that everything will be OK, it's still really scary. :cry: :cry: :cry:

oh honey I know it's hard to take in at the moment but those results are reasonably positive, telling you not to worry would be silly but try and relax at least until you know the results from the amnio,

good luck and thinking of you xxx

Hun try not to worry urself to much, i know thats hard, but if u stress to much it wnt do u or the baby ne good, and think like u sed u could be one of the lucky 227 and ur baby could be perfectly healthy.
It must be extremely worrying tho, i decided against the downs test as i knew if something came back a little negative i would stress so much.

I wish u all the best and hope everything turns out well for u and the baby, let us know how things go.

bec x x

Thinking of you at this scary time babe. Good luck for your amnio.
Remember though, babies with Down's are not bad children or need to be loved anyless than a 'normal' child. I have had the blood tests to see if my baby is down's, but either way - I couldn't abort.

Thinking of you xxx

Hi Possum

I'm very sorry you are going through this worry.

A work colleague had similar results from the NT scan (she was 35 years old so was very worried), but the amnio came back as 'normal'. Remember 1:228 is still quite low risk. But I know this won't stop you worrying.

As for whether you are doing the right thing, only you and the father can possibly know the answer to this, but we're all here to support you and not judge whatever you do, and whatever the outcome.

Lots of baby dust to you and your little-un

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back