Implanon and Weight gain

Squeakz

Reaction score
Hey girls, iv been doing some research and found that implanon can cause you to put weight on or at least, make you not lose weight if you get me??

Currently im putting weight on now and i dont see why.... im getting quite frustrated and very upset. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with it???? Im quite irritated as i specifically asked for a form of contraception that is not known for that.....and now im stuck with this stupid stick im my stupid arm and feel lied to.

Sophie xxxxxxxxxx

I don't know about this form of contraception but a friend of mine did have hers taken out as it ended up clashing with some medication she was taking - can you ask them to take it out and go to another type of contraception??

Hope you get some answers.

Hugs to you

Hey, yeah I was on it before pregnant. I was the skinniest person ever. Then bam I put on 3 stone and looked like a whale. I had it out and fell pregnant accidentally. Now, I look slimmer than I did before, even though i just had a baby! Im sure it was down to the implant. Or just a massive co incidence. I had mine a year then had it out because of continuous bleeding. X

i have not lost a pound since havin mine put in 10 weeks ago? n im more healthy then ever!!

I knew this wasn't the norm. Iv made a massive point of eating sensibly, and doing my excercise dvds more and my weight is creeping up! I'm now at about 25 week pregnant weight which is ridic as it went lower than what I was before I was pregnant. As well as this iv had horrible bleeding etc and it just been a waste. This thing is coming out and ill just take my pill!!!!!! I specifically asked my dr for something that would limit weight gain, if none at all!!! I'm furious!! H

Thanks girls your're great x

i will keep mine until i stop breastfeeding n see if the weight start to drop, if not, i take iit out x

i had the implanon for 3yrs and 7months.... and i was a size 8-10 when it went in and when i had it removed i was a 12-14... it did put weight on me, i am debating weather to have it put back in after this baby is born as i dont want anything to make losing weight any harder than it is already!! i think it is a great contraception but as far as the weight goes it didnt bother me at first as i was really skinny and i did look healthier after putting on weight but not that much, i like to be able to be in control of my weight and when you are exercising and eating healthly and weight isnt still shifting as fast as you want its not good!! hope you sort it out hun!

my sister gained 3 dress sizes in 6 months after she had the implant put in. She still has it in now and shes slowly losing weight on a strict diet, but still no where near her old size. It put me off completely cos my sister always used to lose weight really easily and I struggle as it is so Id be huuuuge on it!

my friend said she knew ppl that gained up to 5 stones on it!

well im nearly back up to my 9 month pregnant weight!! so peed off! when i had j my weight dropped to post preg weight! and now im a whale again

I've got one in and oh my goodness the weight just comes on in leaps and bounds!! I've just come off a 2 week period :wall2: but hopefully won't have another one for a while now. I've gained 1 stone with this in my arm and am only just starting to loose weight again now - and jot very successfully I have to eat small porridge, cup a soup and another cup a soup and a handful of green veg - that's all I'm allowed every day and I'm slowly slowly loosing weight but mostly just staying the same weight :wall2: it's reddic!

Chuf this! I just re weighed myself ad I've gained 2lbs!!! In that soddin diet?!?! That brings my 4lb loss down to just 2 now :-/

ahh evie. suckish! i dunno why but the implant just sucks. lol. i was an 8 when i had it in and then shot up to a 12 14 quite quickly, now im a 10 thank god so not having that thing ever again! x

:hug: evie thats really rubbish :( I think you should keep a food diary and track your weight on it so youve got some evidence to take back to the GP. They never believe you when you say youre just gaining stupid amounts of weight, they think you just dont know how to diet. I had one GP telling me that jam has sugar in it as if it was breaking news :doh:

i refuse to let the doctor tell me i should go on a diet. im just gonna make an appt to get it removed and not take no for an answer. in fact if they refuse to let me take it out or try and put me off i will just rip it out myself! i know it sounds dramatic but im starting to feel really down about myself

My doctor took mine out, and he even said to the assisting nurse "I dunno why these girls aren't told the full story when they get them in" so I questioned him on this and he wouldn't tell me what he meant!! Stupid bloody NHS. X

I had no problem getting them to take mine out as I was allergic although I was bleeding on and off since I got it in.

I have now come off all contraception (went back on pill after implant) as I was finding it hard to lose any weight and the lb's were creeping on! I'm not doing too bad now, very slowly losing it but at least I'm not gaining :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back