contraception

matilda

Reaction score
im going for my 6 week check soon and just thought id ask u ladies about what kind of contraception you used after the birth? im breastfeeding so cant use the combined pill so considering the mini-pill or implanon. i was on implanon before and had awful bleeding for the last two years! and also worried about the weight gain that goes along with contraceptives :S unsure what to go for!

No advice really hun.. When my DS was born I exclusively b'fed for 6 months so assumed my fertility would be lower anyway and we were just careful, avoiding high risk week etc. I then went back on the combined pill till LO was 15 months and we decided to TTC. Basically for us it wanst going to be a disaster if I fell PG straight away so we werent that vigilent about contraception. Dont know what I'll do this time though... possibly carry on with the timing thing while breastfeeding then dont know... dont really like being on the pill.
xx

Matilda what did you go for in the end? I'm at that point now, 6 week check in two weeks, really don't fancy going back on the pill, not sure about the mini-pill, was thinking either the mirena coil or implanon. I'm also worried about the weight gain issues and had been diagnosed with PCOS through blood tests and symptoms but no actual cysts (I'm convinced it was caused by 13 years on the pill).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back