Immunisations....(sp? lol)

Noor~ul~Usman

Reaction score
I'm already guessing that the vast majority of you have had or are going to have all the reccomended baby jabs.....
....but I'm really interested to find out anyone who hasn't/isn't....as well as general view points.

I'm 50/50 about it at the moment :think:
Which I know may shock a lot of people but lemmie try and explain why :)

Something like Rubella jabs have no beneift to a boy - so why should I risk my boy having any side effects to it when he doesn't need it? :shock: They stick it in a multi-shot though so that in order to get the other jabs he HAS to have it :doh:

They admit that some of the multi shots can make your baby ill for several days afterwards....

When they come up with new ones they experiment with one age group for a year or so before they roll out the jabs to the masses. Look at the cervical cancer for girls in schools they're now bringing out. LOADZ of kids will have been missed out previously to this and they wont be writing out to all of them telling them to get it done :shakehead: Maybe put on TV and mag ads but your doctor wont write to you and insist you get it done....

Something that friends/family have pointed out (please note the vast majority got the jabs done but some of them haven't) and I agree with is that how can infecting you with something like 0.01% of a disease/illness give your body enough immunity to fight the full 100% if you contract it? It's like learning to beat up a 5yr old and then being put in front of a 25yr old.....BIG difference :shock:
There was one as well that you have to have done 3 times and then still get boosters for it :talkhand: I don't understand how you can call that a real cure!? If it was you'd only need 1 jab and no boosters :shakehead:

And each jab brings a (small) risk of feeling ill and/or having a reaction. These days better health education prevents a lot and we have drugs to help if you do actually get anything. And there are still worse things out there like aids, heppititous C and cancer which they don't have a cure for :wall:

I was really annoyed when I was told at hospital that he should have his TB because with his grandparents being directly from pakistan he was 'at a higher risk' and it was reccomended they did it. I then got the leaflet afterwards stating that anoy country that has had 40 or more cases reported out of every 100,000 would be vaccinated.
I'm sorry but to me 40 out of 100,000 is NOTHING and he lives in the UK (where we're apparently not a high risk but for some reason I was still routinely vaccinated in school for this :doh: ) so I made my baby go through that and get a scar for what??? :shock:

The problem is.....although all the booklets and leaftlets say that as parents IT'S OUR CHOICE.....just think how quickly social security will be on your back if you refuse :think: :wall:

In some ways i agree with you, only about the MMR, i was immunised for measles as a child, rubella at 12 and suffered from mums at about age 7. i can't see the point of putting boys through the rubella vaccination at all and babies through the triple jab. But as you poiny out you don't really get a choice with they wasy it is administerered.

I will admit for the routine jabs i have no problme with. I've even gone further and put Logan in a clinical trial so he is also getting hep B and Menigicoccal B on top of the routine ones. I am happy for him to have these extras as i have seen young people de of Menegitis and if he wants to travel hep B is useful to have.

It seems however we don't have much choice in that you are perceived to be making the wrong decision if you choose not to get your child vaccinated.

Sandi

I chose to opt out of the mmr for my son, it was only the single measles that we got him done with, privately at a cost of £95. I will do the same when this one arrives.

W is getting the MMR. Measles and mumps are highly dangerous, rubella can cause problems I'd rather she didn't have. As far as I see the autism links etc are groundless, a bunch of media hysteria to undermine the NHS. People underestimate the dangers these illnesses pose, mainly die to the fact that none of them have really seen what an unvaccinated nation is like, and now measles etc is just a simple childhood illness....thanks to vaccination....

There are other issues, but I think the best thing is to do as much research as you can,keep an eye out for whats biased, and have a chat with your GP

Ive never had a jab in my life until i had Flo then i was dosed up with all sorts of anti this for resus neg n then allsorts of otherstuff i never noticed going in but remembered later on lol
I dno about Flo, think well be getting the first lot done, bt i sorta also feel i did ok without anything, no broken bones in my life let alone serious illnesses of any kind !
Then again if something should happen to flo i could have easily prevented id never forgive myself so we'll be having em :?

Im really confused :? Ruby is due her 12 month top up and mmr soon. I think the MMR scandal was as it says a scandal and thats it, but what if im wrong?
I want her to be protected from diseases as I know that catching these diseases will cause her more harm and pain.

Help!! I need sound advice tooxx

I'm happy Becky has had the immunisations she's had so far as I'd rather she didn't contract the diseases themselves. MMR I'll have to take medical advice on because I had a severe allergic reaction to one of the measles vaccines as a child so we'll have to be careful what Becky has in case she has a reaction as well. Other than that, what ZS said :)

maria1976 said:
I think the MMR scandal was as it says a scandal and thats it, but what if im wrong?

Theres no smoke without fire. Im sorry but this is the same government who said beef was safe then we had the CJD/BSE crisis, then they expect to believe them when they say mmr is safe. I think everyone as a parent has to make an informed choice whether to get their child vaccinated, I dont tell parents that choose to have it that they are bad parents but I feel as though as opting-out I am an easy target for being called irresponsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back