I'm trying not to obsess, but just read this online

Cori

Reaction score
There is plenty of evidence to show that caffeine, particularly in the form of coffee, decreases fertility. Drinking as little as one cup of coffee a day can halve your chances of conceiving. On study showed that problems with sperm: sperm count, motility and abnormalities, increase with the number of cups of coffee consumed each day. Once again, it's important to eliminate all caffeine-containing food and drinks for at least three months before trying to conceive. That includes colas, chocolate, black teas and coffee, among other things.

Should I just ignore it? :lol:

Where was this from? I have not read such an extreme viewpoint on coffee. Have definitely read to limit consumption when TTC. Some say to no more than 1 cup, others say 2-3. Interesting... The other thing that is interesting is that decaf is possibly worse as to get the caffeine out, lot's of chemicals are used (apparently)...

I personally think if you have been ttc for a long time, cutting caffeine out would be worth a shot. Otherwise, I try to just have one latte a day...

YES you should ignore it!!!

I was a smoker (not anymore), ate plenty of chocolate, and drank around 6 cups of tea a day, and plenty of diet coke before I fell pregnant.

I had also read that due to my age (34), and having been on the pill for so long I wouldnt likely conceive within the first year of trying!

6 weeks into TTC and I got my BFP...

If you read all the statistics they would make it seem almost impossible to conceive!!

So unless I've been trying for about a year, just carry on as normal, yeah?

Im going to be honest with you when i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant (not planned!) I had been drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking in extreme and my DD was born fine. OK i stopped smoking as soon as i found out i was pregnant and the smell of alcohol made me feel sick :puke: You are getting tooooooo obscessed with all this hun. If your not careful you will end up drinking only water, eating only the odd disinfected lettuce leaf and walking around wearing a gas mask!!! Chill out girl :hug:

:rotfl:

One more thing - should I get my OH to take vitamin C and zinc supplements to improve his sperm count and motility, or is that going too far?

Cori said:
:rotfl:

One more thing - should I get my OH to take vitamin C and zinc supplements to improve his sperm count and motility, or is that going too far?

I got my dh to take zinc even though hes fit and healthy anyway but it can only do him good so if he doesn't mind then yeah, why not.

Yes ignore it Cori...

Everybody who gets pregnant was unlikely to be taking in no cafeen at all.

Like I said before and like sammy has said before I found out I was pg I was in Spain, drinking cocktails made entirely from alcohol, I smoked, and was coffee mad. I still like coffee, it's not excessive so I'm not planning on stopping it any time soon.

If you did everything by what these crazy places tell you...you would end up crazy!

Yeah, I guess you're right, lol. Anyway, drinking no alcohol and hardly any caffeine hasn't got me pregnant so far has it, so I guess it doesn't do any harm.

I agree with shiney....everything in moderation, if caffeine was that bad at decreasing your fertilty people would be using it as a form of contraception! And half the country would not be able to get preggers :rotfl:

don't drink, don't smoke, lose weight, don't eat saturated fat, don't take any medication of any sort, don't drink coffee, don't drink tea, avoid dairy products, fish, meat, bread, anything that tastes nice, don't face the sun, don't talk to your MIL (I like that one ;-) ) don't ride a horse, a bike, your OH, don't have any fun whatsoever, oh and definitely DON't believe the hype :fib: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back