I'M STILL HERE ;(

luce1

Reaction score
Well in 2hrs I'll be a week overdue! Been very tearful all day today... why isn't this baby coming? :cry: :cry: :cry:
I had a sweep on tuesday and it wasn't as bad as i thought but no signs yet just a couple of 'shows' The midwife also booked me in for an induction next tuesday if nothings happened by then but I read through my leaflet about it today and it means i won't be able to go in a nice room as they have to strap you to a monitor in a horrid room with stirrups and its sounds horrid... :cry: I go in at 4.30pm and they monitor the baby for an hour and then give you a pessary and this can take 6hrs to work then they break your waters and WAIT then they give you another pessary and drip 6hrs later if thats not worked! I could be there days!!! :cry: :cry: not the natural labour I had in mind! BOO HOO I'm feeling so sorry for myself! I've done absolutely EVERYTHING I can to get this baby out but nothings working!
:cry: Lots of other crap is getting me down too... my 1.5year car blew up on me on sunday & they'v quoted £2700 to get it repaired and because I've not had it serviced my warentee isn't vaild! Where am I meant to find that kind of money?!! :cry:
sorry to moan! :cry:

Sprry you feel down :hug:

I felt exactly the same before my induction, like I'd somehow been cheated of that 'grab your case and drive to the hospital' moment in the middle of the night. Daft, isn't it?

What ever happens to help your baby arrive, you'll be so made up when it happens you REALLY won't care about the circumstances, beleive me!

Good Luck xx

luce1 said:
Well in 2hrs I'll be a week overdue! Been very tearful all day today... why isn't this baby coming? :cry: :cry: :cry:
I had a sweep on tuesday and it wasn't as bad as i thought but no signs yet just a couple of 'shows' The midwife also booked me in for an induction next tuesday if nothings happened by then but I read through my leaflet about it today and it means i won't be able to go in a nice room as they have to strap you to a monitor in a horrid room with stirrups and its sounds horrid... :cry: I go in at 4.30pm and they monitor the baby for an hour and then give you a pessary and this can take 6hrs to work then they break your waters and WAIT then they give you another pessary and drip 6hrs later if thats not worked! I could be there days!!! :cry: :cry: not the natural labour I had in mind! BOO HOO I'm feeling so sorry for myself! I've done absolutely EVERYTHING I can to get this baby out but nothings working!
:cry: Lots of other crap is getting me down too... my 1.5year car blew up on me on sunday & they'v quoted £2700 to get it repaired and because I've not had it serviced my warentee isn't vaild! Where am I meant to find that kind of money?!! :cry:
sorry to moan! :cry:

you'll be ok Luce. stay positive.
Its true if you have to be indueced you are usually strapped to fetal monitors etc and its harder to mobilise.
With any luck luce you'll go into spontaneous labour over the weekend or today.
Phone your midwife and ask her to come and give you another sweep. This might get things moving. She can also see if you've progressed since tuesday. :hug:

I've been induced twice and still managed to stay very mobile. When they wait hours for things to work you can usually take this time to walk around the hosptital, or go for a cuppa with your OH etc. I spent lots of my labour in a rocking chair and on a birthing ball so just tell them how you want to be and hopefully they will leave you to it a lot.

I know what you mean about missing out, and not getting that "OOOh is this it?" feeling in the middle of this night.
Fingers crossed you go into labour on your own, but if you don't, try not to worry, at least you are going to meet your baby soon either way.

:hug:

GOOD LUCK

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sorry ur feeling so crappy hun, hopefully u'll go into labour before they induce! Just keep active, go for long walks etc, have some sex!!

Ah luce sorry you feel so crappy. like everyone says though stay positive. i had a sweep on a wednesday and like you had a show on and off then went into labour at 11.50pm on the saturday.

although i wasnt induced i still had to spend my labour on a fetal monitor stuck on a bed as naughty alex did a poo in my waters! its not all that bad - like you it was not what i had imagined but you just get on with it and it wont seem so bad when you are going to be meeting your baby soon.

i reckon you'll pop over the weekend. :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear your still full of bump Luce!

I really hope you go into labour naturally before Tues, but if you dont then the very best of wishes for then and hopefully it will go quite quickly.

I know you feel really low but just think, this time next week you will definately be a mummy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back