Im so exhausted!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Just wondered if your body ever gets used to being so tired, obviously my LO is still very little and I am generally up 3-4 times a night, unfortunately he is also very colicky/has reflux and it can take hours to settle him after a feed, which obviously adds to the exhaustion, and more recently he cries much of the day/night which makes me feel completely useless as there is so little I can do to help him.

To top it all, my DH is back working away 3 days a week so I am having to cope single handedly, and am finding it so tough.....

Please someone tell me I will eventually sleep for more than 2-3 hours a night in the future and that its normal to feel like this - my HV has told me I need to get away and go and spend some time with family who can help me with my LO when DH is away - my family are a few hours away so easier said than done!!

aww hun i remember it well and i promise it does get better. the first 3 months especially are so hard!

big hugs. :hug:

luke didn't sleep through til he was 11 month old and now at 2 years old he slepps from 7pm sometimes til 9am without a peep i'm not going to know myself with a newborn again. :roll: just to promise you it doesn't last forever xx :hug:

sometimes fmily can be a blessing esp if you doing a lot of it yourself, sometimes they cn be a pain in the arse and its about establishing a routine if possible with such a young baby. sleep when the baby sleeps house work etc can wait, your rest is much more important xx

Sorry, I don't have any advice but wanted to give you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: . I'm sure things will get better soon.

I know it seems like the end of the world, having interrupted sleep but it will eventually sort itself out. Have you got any family or friends living locally that could sit with little one whilst you catch up on your sleep during the day? Callum was a really light sleeper and still is, but we found he slept better in his own room on his own, just meant I had to keep popping in and out of his room to feed him when he was younger. Colic does improve after 3 months but I know this seems a life time away. I know I haven't really given you any real solutions but sending lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

just wanted to give you hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know how you feel, my LO is hard to settle at times and I'm up and down trying to get him to sleep. Euan is also a bit colicky/windy too and at times it can make it impossible to settle him in his basket.

Maybe try getting to your familys when DH is away. I know it seems a long trip but once you're there you'll be glad of the rest..... or maybe they can come down to you for a couple of days?

have you tried infacol for the wind/colic? We've found it helps Euan bring up the wind much more easily..... and I just make sure I wind him for ages in the middle and after his feed. Sometimes it helps/sometimes not.... but the times it does means we get a few hours sleep :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back