Snoring.....

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by Tracey S, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Tracey S

Tracey S Well-Known Member

I am so embarrased but I have been suffering with snoring from around 30 weeks pregnant :oops:

I have been looking on the net and it seems that it can be quite common in the 3rd Tri and it can be linked to high BP and pre eclampsia both of which I had at the end of my pregnancy.

The problem seems to be that George is nearly 3 weeks old now and I am still snoring. Its got to the stage where my hubby has bought a mattress and is sleeping downstairs while I am upstairs in the bedroom by myself with the baby, and of course that means that all the night time stuff is down to me...which I dont really mind as my hubby is back at work now and I dont expect him to be up in the night, I am more upset about the fact that I am upstairs and he is downstairs, I have cried about it a few times and I am really worried about the snoring not going away. We have only been married since June and the last thing I thought that would happen is that my husband is sleeping downstairs because I am making so much noise that he cant sleep.

Anyway I was wondering if this has affected anyone else and how long it took to go away after the baby had been born.

Tracey xx

2. MummyJess

MummyJess Well-Known Member

I snored in tri 3 with all my pregnancies so you certainly are not alone! Very embarrassing! :oops:

I'm afraid I don't remember how long it took to go away but rest assured that it did and I am not snoring in this pregnancy so far! :D

I am sure that your hubby will soon be back upstairs with you - that is if he can cope with the baby waking at night. :roll: Sounds like he's a light sleeper!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

3. Mildly

Mildly Well-Known Member

I snored quite loudly during pregnancy :oops: I just asked OH for you and he said I don't snore now and that the snoring stopped pretty much straight after the birth.

Sorry not much help really but hope it stops for you soon :hug:

4. Charlie:-)

Charlie:-) Well-Known Member

I snored too quite bad during pregnancy, I put it down to the excess weight I was carrying and because I preferred to sleep on my back, hubby resorted to wearing ear plugs which seemed o do the trick.

Not sure how long it took to stop but I dont snore now.