Im really frightened!

bidsy

Reaction score
I keep having twingy pains in my lady bits which I think is baby burrowing down, the thing is ive been in so much pain throughout my pregnancy with gallstones and rib pain that im scared I wont know what are contractions, if its gonna be worse than what ive felt already I think im gonna die. Im getting so panicky n scared about the birth, im due to be induced on wed n read the pain is supposed to be worse if your induced. OH works as a train driver n im worried I cant get him back in time. Ive got parents around me who I can call but I think im scaring myself with every twinge of pain.

xxx

aww bidsy "hugs" please don't worry (which is easy for me to say, I freak out at the thought sometimes). My labour stopped at 3cm so I was induced and its not that bad. At least it quickens it up and baby will arrive in no time :) After I got the drip, she was born about 2 hours later!

you will know when real labour starts so don't spend too much time thinking about that. The best advice I can give is to "stay calm" all the way through and your body will cope with it alot better. Just think it will all be over soon and to just listen to what your body wants to do and go with it. Ride it out through each contraction and your getting closer to meeting your baby!

I have to admit, I do get a bit scared at times but I'm also really excited because the feeling afterwards is just amazing!! It is WELL worth it! :)

also, I don't think the pain in child birth is the same as just any pain if you know what I mean? You know there is a good reason for it and you know your birthing a baby so your mind set is focused on that compared to the other pain you've had throughout x

Thanks PP I really appreciate your reply. Will try to calm myself down xx

That's good. Can you calm me down now? Haha!

I haven't had gallstones or anything so can only imagine how much agony you've been in you poor woman, its my first time at all this too, and it is bloody scary not knowing what to expect isn't it? Ive always had the attitude of "oh well" but
When the time comes I knowing going to be terrified. I really want to try and keep in control of myself and use breathing techniques but I'm worried it's going to be a lot worse than that and I'm gonna end up not havingthe type of birth I want which also worries me.
I've heard it's a positive pain, so your body automatically knows it's doing it for good reason, and with a bit of support I'm sure you'll be fine, we all will be! And think about holding your baby for the first time, I visualise that quite often and it makes me feel better. X

positive pain exactly :) just remember, you CAN do this.

Ha ha pp yes you need to calm down too :) Thanks flexi ive had my friend down today with her 8 week old and he is beautiful I was holding him and imagining holding Joseph in my arms n I imagine the pain will be forgotten when you look into their eyes. Yes think posotive ladies we can do it eeeek! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back