Im having second thoughts

Bloom said:
At least im not the only one who is still undecided :think:

I went to bed thinking about it to Tilly and i think i may stick to my orginal plan and find out to. :cheer: so im not going to change my mind again im going to ask and thats that i think :think: . (Baby will probaly have its legs crossed and i wont be able to know that would be typical). I really feel like its a boy so if they say girl i will probaly not believe it anyway.

G3M we have also decided not to pick a name until after the birth.

YAY!!! we have reached a verdict :cheer: :cheer: Im crap at making decisions lololol...same as you though, Im so convinced baby is a boy too and would be stunned if they said girl :shock: :shock:

as you no we are going to find out for a few reasons.
1 me and hubby are the most impatiant people EVER
2 i just think its nice to no so you can buy coloured outfits as we dont have much family the baby wont be brought outfits when its brons
3 so we can try names out for sure on it and see how we feel
manda xx

Bloom said:
Im not keen on calling baby it all the time too.

Im so confused OH has said its my choice and he happy with whatever i choose.

1sttimemum I also know someone who got told she was having a girl then went on to have a boy so i know where your coming from there.

I think it will be a case of how i feel on the day. :think:

(I dont think Debecca will forgive me if i dont find out. :rotfl: )

snap.. even though its a completly personal choice.. i think there have been quite a few women here thinking.. were they wrong? etc etc etc..i think its nicer to wait.. and you dont feel any less bonded with 'it' i think it makes it less real.. coz if you know then you imagine yourself with this little baby in blue or pink... however.. i have cream suits and im imagining baby in them..

i cant wait for hubby to shout.. its a ........ :D sooo exciting.. plus.. we plan to not tell any of the family either lol.. harl will probably be at my mums.. and we are just going to tell my mum its ehre and to bring ehr home.. we want charl to be the next one to find out.. then alex can ring round and tell all his family what it is..

my OH wants to find out the sex of them but im not so sure. His reasons are that it will be easier to buy stuff and then we know what we are having but something wants me to keep them a surprise. My OHs mum wouldnt like to know what the sex are of them as she thinks it will be more exciting and even more so that it is twins!

But on the other half im impatient and have a strong inkling that my left side is a girl and the right side is a boy(dont ask me why i think certain sides a different sexes!!) and with my last pregnancy my instinct was right all the way even to the point that i told my midwife that he would be here b4 christmas and he was here 23rd dec but wasnt due till the 17th jan!!!

Awwww Judy sorry you had the wobbles, but you know it's your decision as to whether you find out or not. Admittedly I will never speak to you again but surely that's a positive for you? :rotfl:

JOKING of course :shock:

I sometimes wonder if I'd rather not know but I am WAAAAAY too impatient for that. Besides which, we are both so convinced it's a girl that if it's a boy we need to start thinking of names SOON.

Everything we've bought is neutral (bar some of the nearly-new clothes) so it doesn't really matter either way, and I'd be happy with either.

But WOOO one day to go. Today I am mostly just cacking myself in case there's something wrong with Maurice. Actually I can't believe there's only one day left of calling him Maurice :cry: :cry: :cry:

So, baby's not going to be Maurice even if it's a boy? :(

I wasn't allowed to know the first time with Tia because the hospital's policy was not to tell people...

Unfortunately it meant that my ex convinced himself it was going to be a boy so when she popped out a girl, he was really disappointed... and what should have been the most beautiful moment in the world was spoiled by him saying he was disappointed at it being a girl... :cry:

This time round I wasn't going to let that happen... I wanted to know.. I don't like suprises, I like being prepared... I like knowing things.. .plus I'm dead nosy over medical things as I wanted to be a doctor, and love to know what's going on inside my body... I find colonoscopies, ultrasounds, xrays all fascinating....

What sex the baby is doesn't really bother me.. as I've been told that I am carrying both at one point or another in my pregnancy.. I've seen the good parts and bad parts of having either sex...

I am glad I'm having a girl... but thats because financially, its saved us a fortune in clothes. But if its a boy theres no issue there... just means the inlaws will have to be a little more generous.. :rotfl:

debecca said:
Awwww Judy sorry you had the wobbles, but you know it's your decision as to whether you find out or not. Admittedly I will never speak to you again but surely that's a positive for you? :rotfl:

JOKING of course :shock:

I sometimes wonder if I'd rather not know but I am WAAAAAY too impatient for that. Besides which, we are both so convinced it's a girl that if it's a boy we need to start thinking of names SOON.

Everything we've bought is neutral (bar some of the nearly-new clothes) so it doesn't really matter either way, and I'd be happy with either.

But WOOO one day to go. Today I am mostly just cacking myself in case there's something wrong with Maurice. Actually I can't believe there's only one day left of calling him Maurice :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maurice has really stuck i think your going to have trouble getting rid of that if its a boy i will still call him Maurice until you have chosen a boys name :D. Im really excited now about tomorrow im sure its only nautral to worry but im sure both babies will be fine. Make sure you text me as i wont be able to get on here till the evening. (I still think your team pink)

Its intersesting to read everyone elses choices and why they chose what they did i can see advantages on both sides. Im not the best person at making decisions and being pregnant has made me soooo much worse so providing everything is ok with baby and i have the option then im going to find out.

My hospital doesn't tell the sex :roll: So we'll have to wait till the 4D scan, IF we decide to find out.

After our bub refusing to flash us at our 20 week scan, we are now considering sticking with team green. The only reason is so that we have one last surprise on the day he/she pops out.

We still want to have a 4d scan though. I'm assuming on a 4d scan they can avoid looking at that area on request. Has anyone had a 4d scan and not had a peep of 'downstairs'?

I have my scan this Wednesday. My OH is desperate to find out, I am not so sure. I am curious and I feel that knowing could help my visualise him/her more clearly and bond more easily.

However, I have this niggling feeling that I will feel disappointed in myself if I find out....it is a bit like peeking at your Christmas pressies before Christmas day. Argh, I can't decide either!!!!! :think:

I'm hoping so tiggergirl as we are wanting to have a 4d scan but dont want to find out the sex.

Happy Bunny - I'm sure you will create a bond if you know the sex or not - they didnt have the ability to find the sex out 20 years ago did they!!!!

Good luck either way

XX

From day one i convinced myself i was having a girl, and i wanted this confirmed...

I did a couple of times afterwards think... perhaps it would have been nice to have had the "what is it" at the birth...

But im so glad i found out... as otherwise my lady would have been in cream clothes for a while!

Instead i kitted her out head to toe in pink girlyness :dance:

Poppy, no, Maurice was just a 'joke' name, which we came up with a la Posh and Becks before we knew we were pregnant, sort of "ahahahaha wouldn't it be funny if we'd conceived on holiday? We could call it Maurice! aHAHAHAHAHA!" type thing.

Was less funny the week after when my period still hadn't arrived, and since then Maurice has stuck with all our friends and family :rotfl: - you should see the looks I get from people who think it's his real name though!!

Yeah I kind of hope we are team pink so that the name Maurice can go in the dustbin without too much fuss...

I think you should keep the name if baby is a boy..it's fab! :D

I know where you're coming from! Most of the time I'm dead impatient about knowing what it is, and can't wait to find out. I was really annoyed at not being able to ask the sex at the 20 week scan. If I could have found out, I would not have been able to stop myself from doing so!
I want to go shopping for the pink or blue clothes, and choose names etc...

But every now and then when I hear stories about someone being told they're having a girl, and a boy popping out, or when someone finds out and doubts if the sonagrapher was right, it makes me wonder if I should just stay on the green team. I found out James was a boy at the 20 week scan and chose his name soon after. I bought blue clothes for him but throughout my pregnancy I always wondered in the back of my mind 'what if he's a girl!'

If it were just my decision I think I might hold out and stay green (although I would struggle! I'm very impatient with these things!).
OH is determined to know the sex though, it's very important to him. He's someone who doesn't like surprises, he likes to know whats ahead and make appropriate plans. In our case it being a boy or girl will make a difference to the sleeping arrangements and OH wants prior warning to get prepared. I think feeling in control will make the whole thing of having a new baby less scary for him too. He can be a bit of a control freak like MIL :lol:

I couldnt WAIT to know!! Its defiantily made us bond with him more because we can get to know him as a him if you know what i mean? Also my mum works at the hospital as a midwife and in all the 10 years shes worked there she's never known them to get the sex wrong EVER so i could trust them to! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back