Im freeeeee! :-)

cherelle

Reaction score
Bit of a pointless post but want to tell the world lol ...... i finished my last shift at work tonight!! :dance:

No more running around all hot and bothered with a bad back etc etc :)

Feels like im one step closer to meeting my little boy :)

:dance::yay:

I bet you are more than happy!!!!

x x x x

I can't wait for maternity leave. 13 more days to work with an Easter holiday in between!! Hope you enjoy your time off!! xx

ahw it's great isn't it! i finished as early as i possibly could which was 14th feb and not got to go back til 4th Jan next year! It feels strange being off work and still getting paid!!

Yay!! Hope your back might ache a little less now you can take it a bit easier :) xx

oooh congratulations hun! I am very very jealous hahaha 20 workings days left for me!!!

Enjoy the time to yourself befoe baby arrives hun and get lots of rest - you totally deserve it!xx

Yeeeehaww!!! It's fab being off!! Congrats on finishing! Xx

Woop Woop Congrats hun enjoy yourselfnand rest up x x

Thanks everyone!!

Im going to start the long list of things i want to get done on Monday.... my welsh lessons, practise the guitar, sort babies things, crafty stuff ....etc :)

10 working days left for me..i could be doing with 100! Running out of time training my cover!

:( 6 weeks left for me ....

Congrats to u tho enjoy ur time off :):) relax xxx

Yay!! Going on maternity leave is a big milestone to tick off. Enjoy the rest and relaxation! You're brave taking on Welsh lessons! I had them forced on me from the age of 4 - 16 (born in Wales) and...well put it this way, I am fluent in French and can hold a conversation in Italian and can say good morning in Welsh!! Lol! I never wanted to learn it though and it was never spoken at home so I had a disadvantage there.

What crafty things are you going to do? I want to make a patchwork quilt for baby but am scared it may be too hard! :)

Xx

iv'e only got 12 shifts left. whoop whoop. lots do get sorted when i finsh work though befor i can rest. enjoy hun. xxx

Flopsy thats a lovely idea - id love to do that too but im not sure where id start! I went to Hobbycraft this afternoon and bought a few things - some materials to make thank you cards for all the people who have given us baby things, some art stuff, candle making sets ... etc

I did start knitting but it just takes so long i keep getting bored with it!

Yeah welsh isnt the easiest language to learn! Ive found some decent lessons online though and i have picked up quite a bit. I can more or less understand most conversations i just need the confidence to actually speak it myself. My OHs first language is welsh - hes from a village from Camarthenshire west wales - and annoyingly patriotic!! lol x

Lol a lot of Welsh are really patriotic - especially when the rugby is on! I'm from west wales myself! But I don't like rugby and not at all patriotic - people can't even tell I am from Wales when I speak! Lol. Will your little boy be spoken to in Welsh by both of you or just your OH?

Making cards is a lovely idea - we don't have anything like hobbycraft round here. I am still tempted by this patchwork quilt idea. I might go and get some bits of material next week.

Xx

How would you go about making a patchwork quilt? It would be a lovely thing to pass down generations.

God yes i have to put up with the rubgy 24/7! He wants me to go and watch the Scarletts tomorrow!

I dont think ill speak to my son in welsh but he will. He wants us to be a billingual family which is fine with me as long as he doesnt speak in welsh all the time. I think all the best schools here are welsh arent they? x

Do you mean welsh language? I'm not sure about Cardiff, and I went to an english speaking school in west wales, it had the best performance in the area and I did well there, my lowest GCSE was a C and that was Welsh! Lol! I think its nice to be bilingual, my little girl is going to be bilingual. We will speak to her in English and Arabic so she knows the languages from early on.

With regards to the patchwork quilt, I am going to buy a couple of lengths of different patterns that I like- will try to stick to cream, and pink shades. Perhaps a plain cream, a plain pink and a cream background with little pink roses. Then I will cut them all to squares of the same size and stitch the squares to each other making sure a to put contrast like cream-pink-pattern-pink-cream-pattern etc. Then when I have an area to fit the cot - will need to measure! I will stitch a border of pink satin and an underside of cream cotton. I will buy a roll of quilt filling which I will fix to the sewn together squares before fixing the cotton to the underside. I will then hand stich some detail to the individual squares like a little lace rose on one or two pink squares and some little pink cats on the cream squares etc

Sorry for the long explaination - think I wrote too much!

Xx.

That's great Hun, glad you've finished. I can't wait.... three more weeks if I can stand it. x

Flopsy -

Yes i did mean welsh speaking schools but as im fairly new to Cardiff i only have what ive been told by others to go on! Im not sure where we will live anyway when our little is school age.

I might actually have a go at making a patchwork quilt myself. Where will you buy the material from? x

Yay for you being off from now! Must be a big relief if you've been in pain and doing a lot of running about. I'm so jealous! Good luck with your Welsh lessons :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back