Too flat??

*MARLEY*

Reaction score
Hello, just a quick question,
I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to organise scan etc etc, and I don't know whether it'll sound silly to ask: I think I'm too flat! It sounds silly, but it's pretty impossible to tell I'm pregnant. I'm 5'8'' and have always been quite heavy, although not overweight, so I don't know?? I've only put on 6lbs. Does anyone know what's normal? I'm a little worried in case baby's too small, and I've got myself all wound up.
Marley xxx

At this stage there's no such thing as too small in terms of outward appearance of your "bump". Pregnancy affects women so differently especially at this stage so it's really not something to worry about! I didn't start to show until about 13 weeks when my bump suddenly popped out!

i don't think i really started to show with alice till i was closer to 20 weeks. At this stage everything is still quite low and is starting to push up outside your pelvis.

With this one, i don't expect to show till much later. Ive got to fill out the remains of my existing mummy belly. Also with alice and this one, i seem to be losing weight quicker than im gaining it.

some people show a lot earlier than others.

Are you 100% sure about your dates? With alice they changed mine a week and i was 90% sure about my dates. could it be that you are not as far along as 11 weeks?

At 20weeks I thought I was huge at the time but i wasnt.

I didnt find out till 15weeks and i didnt even have a bump then

Dont worry about the Doctors will give them something to do if they fancy guessing your dates, I know my doctor enjoyed a change :D

I think youre winding yourself up for nothing, some show early and get big quick then slow down, and some the other way.
As long as the baby is healthy they dont care about how much weight you put on. In my 1950's book they didnt want women to put on more than 15lb for the whole pregnancy! :shock:
Also heavier women they want to see not gain as much as thinner women according to my magazine of 2008.
I think for me it was 15-20lbs total.

Thanks everyone, I know it's a bit silly but I just had no idea! And my dates are correct (only one chance you see!) :wink:
Sorry to be so panicky, I don't know if everyone posts stuff like this or if I'm just an annoying one! But thank you, all. :)
Marley x

Don't worry about asking questions, that's what this place is for!! BEtter to ask and be reassured than worry yourself about possibly nothing!! :D

:) Thanks, I do feel better.
Saw the doctor today, at last - mostly he was useless, and I got a fabulous lecture on 'the statistics of young single mothers, and shouldn't a university student know better?' which is always enjoyable :evil: But I'm healthy and fine, so that's good to know. And he grudgingly admitted that it was impressive that I quit smoking cold turkey - and to be honest, I agree, it was the hardest thing, so I am proud!
But I'm seeing a midwife on Friday, which is quick, and she's going to try and get me a scan next week! So that's exciting!
Marley xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back