anaemic - i am!

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
According to the letter i got from the hospital - they took bloods the other day. I'm not suprised, i've been anaemic practically all my life! I was more suprised when last time they took bloods my iron levels were ok! lol.

The letter told me to make an appointment to get a prescription for iron tablets. I already have some though, can i just take those???

How long have you had them? Might be best to check with the surgery. Eat loads of spinach!!! Hope you feel better soon :hug:

The ones you can buy from shops contain Vit A (well most do) plus they are not strong enough.
I asked this when my MW told me I was borderline anaemic and with wanting a homebirth she said to get some from my GP - she looked at the iron tablets we have for DH and said they are unsuitable.

The ones from GP are about twice the strength I think and just plain ferrous sulphate

I am anaemic too but just taking SpaTone (a natural mineral water type supplement you put in drinks - it's much more easily absorbed than tablets).

It's dead easy to take and has really made a difference to me.

Good luck :hug:

ooh i'll ask about that as it sounds a lot better to me!
I gues si'd better go see the doc and get him to prescribe me something, may leave it a few days as im waiting on pee results so i dont want to have to go twice. lol

my levels are low and the doctor put me on them ferrous sulphate tablets, they take a few weeks to get into your system properly, but they are a stronger tablet.

hello
i am taking flurodix but it is 3 tablets a day and I keep forgetting, the iron tablets from the docs upset my tummy
x

YOu have to love the side effects of iron tablets! I too am anemic and learning to live the with side effects. Feeling a lot more awake though!

I am too!! Got my blood results back on Sunday morning, and now on tablets 3 times a day!!

Just wondered what sex baby everyone is carrying, Ive heard low iron levels are associated with girls?!

i'm having a girl too!

but my iron levels have always been low. I just don't eat enough iron!

Hope the Iron tablets work for you hunny
did the doctors give you a list of foods to eat to help with iron intake?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
sarah :wave:

:oops: haven't been to the docs yet, i'm waiting on my urine results, and if i have an infection i'd have to see doc and i really don't want to have to go twice. I'm sure that place makes me ill!!!

I know what foods have iron in, trouble is i'm rather fussy! I like yoghurt and chocolate, they are both iron-y. Lol.

I'm having a girl too, maybe you're onto something Em? :shock:

P.S. In answer to BabyBee's question, foods that contain lots of iron are:

* fortified cereal (perhaps you could go for Coco Pops given your chocolate addiction?!)
* green leafy vegetables (brocolli and spinach etc)
* red meat

Probably some others that I've forgotten. I always feel better after I've eaten a big steak YUM!

Cocopops have iron in them? WOW! ( i haven't actually ever tried cocopops but chocolate and cereal together sound good)

Out of interest do cornflakes have iron in them? I like to mix them and choc :p

Spinach is only bearable if well hidden in food. And i really don't like broccoli but i will try to eat more of them!

Red meat is a no-no really. I was a veggie for 6 years and i still don't really eat red meat.

Probably explains the anaemia really! Lol.
I'll try very hard for baby's sake to eat better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back