I'm 40 weeks + 6 days and just lost my plug

:cheer: glad something is happening.

Not sure if there is a relevant time frame from losing plug- it could be weeks I was told :roll:

Hope this is it for you though :hug:

Surely because I am overdue, it cant be two weeks away!!

I dont know how much longer I can take with the itchyness from being pregnant!!

well, I should imagine you'll be induced in the next few days- don't know what the policy is in NZ!

Hopefully things will start on there own today! :pray:

I lost my plug at 38wks and was still didnt have my daughter until 40 + 13days

Hope it's not too far away for you :hug:

When I lost my plug with my son, he was born about 4 hours later!

So did you get contractions straight after getting the plug?

My MW said I will be induced next Saturday - 19th April. I will be one day off 42 weeks.

Angela123 said:
So did you get contractions straight after getting the plug?

My MW said I will be induced next Saturday - 19th April. I will be one day off 42 weeks.

I was having contractions for about 5 hours before I lost my plug, but they were quite managable. After I lost the plug the contractions got quickly worse so I went to the hospital - my son was born 3-4 hours later (I think they said I was 6 cm when I went in). Basically, labor lasted about 9 hrs for me and I spent the first 6 hrs at home.

Tatum29 said:
I was having contractions for about 5 hours before I lost my plug, but they were quite managable. After I lost the plug the contractions got quickly worse so I went to the hospital - my son was born 3-4 hours later (I think they said I was 6 cm when I went in). Basically, labor lasted about 9 hrs for me and I spent the first 6 hrs at home.

:clap: :clap: :clap: WELL DONE! I won't be that brave! :oops:

Well I am getting contractions, every 15 minutes so far.

Lets hope this is it for me.

I think i will go to bed now to try and get some sleep in case they get worse.

Angela123 said:
Well I am getting contractions, every 15 minutes so far.

Lets hope this is it for me.

I think i will go to bed now to try and get some sleep in case they get worse.

I'm sure this is it for you! You'll know when it's time to go to the hospital - the contractions become closer and more intense, so you can't ignore them. Good luck, you'll be great!

inforabumpyride said:
Tatum29 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: WELL DONE! I won't be that brave! :oops:

It wasn't bravery, it was just the way it worked out. The initial contractions weren't that bad, but the last 3 hrs were VERY intense and painful and it quickly went from bad to worse, which is why you shouldn't put off going to the hospital for too long. I probably left it a tad late, because by the time I got to hospital I was in agony and things moved very quickly - no time to get settled, relax or calm down!

Good luck Angela. I've got no idea about the plug loss cos I didn't lose any before I went into labour :hug:

I started losing mine a week before labour on the Friday but was having contractions from the Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back