• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If anybodys worried about weight gain...

Vicxzy

Reaction score
For those of you who are worried about weight gain just seen this:

Where's the Pregnancy Weight Going?
It’s pretty much a given that you won’t be giving birth to a 25-to-35-pound baby. And that’s a very good thing. Want to know where the rest of those pounds settle? For a 30-pound weight gain, they’ll be distributed approximately like this:

Baby: 7.5 pounds

Placenta: 1.5 pounds

Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds

Uterine enlargement: 2 pounds

Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds

Maternal blood volume: 4 pounds

Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds

Maternal fat stores: 7 pounds

Feel better? Lol x

I read something like this a while ago and it made me feel better! Also that last time I checked I hadn't gain over the recommended about and I was overweight before
:)

Lol Woooooooo hoooooo lol I like posts like these... x x

I'm slightly worried for the opposite reason, especially after reading those stats. I've only put 6lbs on total so far and i'm 31 weeks today!! x

I'm slightly worried for the opposite reason, especially after reading those stats. I've only put 6lbs on total so far and i'm 31 weeks today!! x

Hun has your mw been concerned? You might just gain more later on.
X

that does make me feel better. although i have only weighed myself once so have no idea how much weight ive gained. xxx

This is brilliant! I stopped weighing my self when I had put on 2stone so I reckon I've put on several more. I'll shift it though!

Claire I only put on 8lb during tri 1 & 2 then it really really piled on during tri 3 and I've now put on almost 2 stone!! You could be a late bloomer like me, lol xxx

well ive put on almost 3 stone so this does make me feel better! To be honest though im really looking forward to getting fit and healthy and being able to lose weight! x

I lost 22lbs in t1 :( I'm still a pound lighter than I was at my booking appt too don't worry claire I know a girl who lost 4st through illness while she was pregnant buy lacey was a happy & healthy 7lb 4oz when she was born :) x

Hmm the other 2 stone I've gained must be the chocolates and cakes I've stuffed myself with over the last 6 months! In my defence however, midwife said yesterday that baby is 'not small' I'm dedicating another pound to that! lol x

Hmm the other 2 stone I've gained must be the chocolates and cakes I've stuffed myself with over the last 6 months! In my defence however, midwife said yesterday that baby is 'not small' I'm dedicating another pound to that! lol x

lol! Plus if babys big then that's another few pounds to add to uterus size, fluid, blood volume etc etc ;) x

lol! Plus if babys big then that's another few pounds to add to uterus size, fluid, blood volume etc etc ;) x

Absolutely! Nothing to worry about at all .... :ignore:

I hope you don't mind me hanging around in tri 3 - my friends are all still here and I should be too!

I'm going to weigh myself this morning! Before I was pregnant I was 11 stone. At 35 weeks I weighed 13 stone 9 so I had put on 2 stone 9.

I had Ella at 35+5 and she weighed 5lbs 9 and apparently I had a lot of waters.

So let's see what the damage is two weeks on from her being born ....

Hun has your mw been concerned? You might just gain more later on.
X

No my MW just said 'lucky you' when I told her! lol My appetite is beginning to pick up a bit now so i'll probably be like Amamnda said 'a late bloomer'. My cousin only put 1 stone on during her whole pregnancy too for both children. x

I hope you don't mind me hanging around in tri 3 - my friends are all still here and I should be too!

I'm going to weigh myself this morning! Before I was pregnant I was 11 stone. At 35 weeks I weighed 13 stone 9 so I had put on 2 stone 9.

I had Ella at 35+5 and she weighed 5lbs 9 and apparently I had a lot of waters.

So let's see what the damage is two weeks on from her being born ....

Well I now weigh 12 stone 7 so the birth has led to a weight loss of 1 stone 2.

That means I need to lose 1 stone 7 to get back to my pre pregnancy weight (and another half stone to get back to my wedding weight so really I want to lose 2 stone) x

I have started up a thread in the dieting section if anyone is interested in losing their baby weight together once you have had your little ones! Would be nice to do it with the help/support of my buddies here in tri 3! The thread is http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/hea...s-want-try-lose-our-baby-weight-together.html

Last edited:
my sister put on about 3 stone with hers. might try and weigh myself today at my cousins. (i dont own scales). xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back