• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Ideas/Myths.. to get labour moving.... your suggestions

bestestmum

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've got 9 weeks to go and this is my fourth baby, I was wondering if any of you had any ideas/myths/suggestions on how to get labour started.

I was told, fresh pineapple, curries, walks and lots of sex! Are there any more ideas and have any of these suggestions worked for anybody?

Claire

I took RLT for the last 4 weeks. The night before my waters broke (at 3am in bed) I had a curry.

I dont think any of it woks tbh! With your 4th id of thought you'd of been pretty on time... Tho the thinking that the more you have the more ontime they are as the cerviz ha opend up before could be rubbish too! I dont know!!

hehe... you'd think that the fourth would be on time but I don't want to get my hopes up. The first two births were spot on and the third was 12 days over. I'd love this to be exact as it would help get my child care sorted when i go into labour.... (some hope I know!) :lol:

My mother thought castor oil may be on the cards... but i'd rather not try something like that as i've heard its revolting! I'd rather have the sex!! :rotfl:

KERRYGOLD00 said:
I never want to see another pineapple as long as I live!! :puke: :rotfl: Good luck!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I haven't touched pineapple for nearly 8 months don't think I'll ever eat it again :rotfl: :rotfl: cleaning our floor to celing tiled bathrooms made me go :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

HertsMummy said:
I took RLT for the last 4 weeks. The night before my waters broke (at 3am in bed) I had a curry.

Ditto, but my waters broke at 4am :)

I also used evening primrose oil, it contains prostogladins(sp?), much like sperm, which soften the cervix. OH was coming nowhere near me so the EPO had to do. I also did loads of walking which helped to get the LO right down.

I tried it all too, curry's, walks, cleaning, pineapple and RLT, i swear sex started it off, eventually Term plus 7, and she was born Term plus 9! she was wayyyyyyyyy to comfy!!! :)

WANT your baby to be on time or late!! That's worked twice for me, I was happy to go over and both were early, the first at 39+ weeks, the second at 37+ weeks!! :lol:

i looked into this and the only ones which really work are oxytocin (hormone made from orgasms or BFing) and prostaglandin (hormone found in semen- and the same stuff used in pessaries when women get induced)

i did ask my boyf to help me out but he wasnt interested... "get this baby out of me" not a turn-on lol... so couldnt test the prostaglandin theory but u dont need a man for the other one :wink: i was holding my baby days later so it seemed to do the trick- and if not at least i had some fun :wink: (while i could- didnt get chance for months afterwards!) :lol:

Well I believe the curry option!

I had a hot madras the night DD was due & went into labour the following morning.

Sex is an option OH is very willing to try.. He finds me very attractive when i'm preggers and cant enough, I don't think he'll need telling twice! If that doesn't work scrubbing out the oven! Claire :lol:

HertsMummy said:
With your 4th id of thought you'd of been pretty on time...

My mum went the most overdue with her 6th so I wouldn't count on it necessarily! Babies turn up when they are ready (although Jack was rather overdone when he finally made an appearance!)

i did EVERYTHING to get my labour going. We walked for an hour everynight and i did lots of walking and housewwork throughout the day, ate spicy curries, bounced on my birthing ball, ate pineapple (and sucked the core of pineapple as advised by my midwife as apparently thats where the enzymes are that you need), ate spicy foods. The only thing we didnt do was sex! OH didnt want to right throughout my pregnancy and i went term plus 10 to be induced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back