ideas for present for oH

hugsy

Reaction score
well girls im in the need for some inspiration

its my hubbys birthday on the 19th of Feb, its fairly close to my due date but i want to do something special for him.

2 years ago on the 18th my dad passe away so he hasnt had a birthday as such due to this and my mam comeing to stay for dads first anniversary last yerar

its also his first birthday as my husband and the last before the baby so all in all wanna treat him,

only problem is iv got no idea what do do for him , we libve in the isle of man so the only place we ould go would be heysham by boat, no idea whats there lol and theres not that much to be done here

im at a loss, i tried gettin tickets for the liverpool match on the 25th of jan but working out waty to expensive to get there n stay over n tickets left weere all hopsitality ones costing 200 each

HELP

How about going to see a stand up comedian or something? You have a concert hall thingy there and it would be a good excuse for a night out on your own after baby comes if you can't get in before. I did this for my OH a few years ago when Kevin Wilson was playing locally and it was a brilliant night out xxxxxxxxx

LOL eh not wouldnt say we have a concert hall, we have a little venue called the villa marina but dont get that many big acts here, we both love comedians but the only one on is darr o brien who we seen last year too but its the day before my due date lol so might be risky,

ist a silly little island nothing happens here n the boat doesnt run during the winter except to heysham for freight and i thik thats pretty much in the middle of no where but could be worng, i knkow it a 1.5 to 2 hour drive to liverpool from there but my uk geography is rubish lol

i just cant think of anything its driving me nuts

Lol, next year will be easy. All you'll have to do is get something with Daddy written on it and job done lol

Why don't you do a him day, where you could go for lunch at his favourite place and get all the films he loves, and do a dinner he loves. And make a gift voucher for when the weather is better for a family day where he can pick what he wants and you can book it, and go to Liverpool or something. Like a tour of the football grounds.

Why don't you do a him day, where you could go for lunch at his favourite place and get all the films he loves, and do a dinner he loves. And make a gift voucher for when the weather is better for a family day where he can pick what he wants and you can book it, and go to Liverpool or something. Like a tour of the football grounds.

Oh that is quite a good idea, or if the weather managed to be nice in feb we could go on a picnic for lunch then do his fav dinner that night , love the idea of the family day to liverpool too he'd love that taking her to see anfield for the first time would make his day

BB im after going on the webside for the villa and it turns out rich hall his fav comedian is only coming here in May so managed to get tickets for that, ( hope we can get a babysitter for the night though lol)

any more dieas anyone????

Why dont you write to Liverpool football club and ask them if they would sign a team photo and send it and then get it framed, Like saying to a daddy to be Happy birthday or something. On a wedding forum I was on uite a few girls did this with either football clubs or film stars etc and most got a resposnse, That way its free and something a little different and special, especially if you explain to them our reasons for doing it. Just an idea :) XX

Hmmm.. only thing I can think of is maybe getting a 3 course meal from M&S? (or making it all yourself if you're into cooking). Setting your room out with the table and nice candles and just enjoying some 'us' time together, because I doubt you'll have much of that when LO is here!

Why dont you write to Liverpool football club and ask them if they would sign a team photo and send it and then get it framed, Like saying to a daddy to be Happy birthday or something. On a wedding forum I was on uite a few girls did this with either football clubs or film stars etc and most got a resposnse, That way its free and something a little different and special, especially if you explain to them our reasons for doing it. Just an idea :) XX

would you believe i actually tried this asse be a birthday present before and they were having non of it :-(

i do like the idea of cooking his fav dinner n setting the room up nice, although iv done that a good bit in the past too and since iv been pregnant we barly leave the housse so if i could think of something away fromthe house be great too, i looked into renting a campervan and parkin in in one of the pretty romanice beach areas that woud get the sun rise but the rental places dont run during the feckin winter and think renting a holiday cottage is kinda the same as staying at home cos its such a small island there no where we not been a million times

Ahhh, lots of my family live in the IOM. Where abouts are you from? I go to see my Nan in Peel. We're planning on getting the boat over with the baby in the summer! As for a present - as the other ladies have said really, a special day with just the two of you, nice food, good films, get dressed up for the hell of it. You could buy a tummy cast and do that together,that would be quite funny! X

would you believe i actually tried this asse be a birthday present before and they were having non of it :-(

How tight is that?? Blimey ohhh well sorry :(

Last edited:
Well im actually Irish lol but live in Douglas , ah peel is so nice we go there on a sunday n sit on the bench by he castle to watch the sun set quite a bit, Kn, Ah that be lovely to bring your baby over, we were only saying today that we cant wait for the summer to bring the baby on the horse trams and electric railway .
knowing my hubby if i got the bump cast he'd just wanna do my boobs n ass LoL but might be worth looking into anyway hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back