Entertaining a 6 month old?

Bloom

Reaction score
What toys or how do you entertain a 6 month old.

I spend most of my day playing with DD or she sat on my knee she wont seem to tolerate anything i give her if it means playing alone.

She will tolerate the playmat and play gym for about 5 mins (she can roll over but chooses to just lie there kicking), she can get out of the bumbo so thats not safe, she sits right forward in the bouncer so again its not that safe anymore.

I have one of those playstation things that they sit in but because shes so small its still too big even with a blanket padding it out she can't reach the toys.

I don't mind playing with her all day but its very tiring.

If i have things i need to do i either put Sam in his travelcot surrounded by toys so he has lots to entertain him or put him in his babywalker. He loves being in this at the moment and is quite happy whizzing around the house in that for a while.

Door bouncers are great fun for active babies :cheer: :cheer:

I have an inflatable tyre, and i've attached the playgym to it. She loves it and has done wonders for her practising to sit properly too. Load it with her favourite toys and it can keep her quiet for a good half an hour.
2008_1012Angel0043.jpg

Baillie loves kitchen utensils..........the fish slice in particular :lol:

She loves chewing on all my plastic utensils or banging them off the tray in the baby walker and screaming!

Then there is of course cbeebies............ she is a telly adddict............i'm a terrible mother :bored:

Kim x x x x x x

Becky either goes in the jumperoo or sits in her high chair with some things on the tray. Usually a wooden spoon and an empty plastic tumbler :lol: Ooh Lisa I have something similar to those... had relegated them to the cupboard but must get them back out again, thank you for the idea!

We have the same ring thing that Lisa has :D

Has done wonders for her sitting. She loves it :D

The jumperoo is great. I adjusted her play gym as it is wooden with toys attached so I was able to use ribbon to lower the toys and it is much much much more fun if you can get the toys in your mouth!

I'm getting Chester a Walker this afternoon! He loves his Jumperoo but thats in the nursery upstairs and he goes in that when i'm making the bed or getting ready and its too big to bring downstairs.

He's not happy on a mat anymore and he throws all of his toys off of his highchair!

Eva has learnt to rummage in the last few weeks, I just put small toys and random objects in a cloth bag or bowl/basket and she roots about unpacking it like an old lady at a jumble sale :lol:
She likes to chew the things and examines them carefully turning them around etc banging them together and showing me, it keeps her quiet for ages with me in the room doing something else or popping in and out, I used to prop her up with cushions now she can pretty much sit on her own :D

I sit Cally on the floor and surround her with all sorts of different toys and items like remotes, old mobile phones, kitchen utensils, pots ad pans etc. Toys she likes now are things she can put in and take out, she has a birdhouse with four little birds in it and she loves taking them out and shaking them about. I can get a good 40mins of peace :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back