i would like honest answers please

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
this is what happened.

my sil told me that my mil had bought my two little ones a load of clothes and things in Tesco sale (she works there) but as there wasnt anything for all the bigger kids she was going to give them all £10, which she did (sister in law told me), then on saturday when we saw her she said to kieran, that she hadnt got him anything (except for a crappy pencil set, which i think she got for joshua really) but then she hadnt given the other kids anything. which is a blatent lie as my sil had already told me that she had given all the other bigger boys £10.

I was fuming. now would you be upset. i feel that as kieran isnt biologically her grand child, oh i dont know. i am about to tell my mum who will go ape.

ild be very anoyied! it makes no difference they should al be treated the same im having the same problem with Kris mum she spoils Dior all the time and dont look at Harley she has already started getting Dior xmas presents she got her a play house £100 slide £40 play kitchen £80 dolss ect. and then i asked what have Tyou got Harley she looked confussed and said "ohhhh yeah i got him this" and pulled out a lil ball with a bell in it like what you would give to a cat!

Oh thats awful i would be dead cross as well,I would speak to OH and see what he says, as i think he should have a word with his mum.
Kieron will be noticing if he is getting treated differantly and that is realy not fair on the poor lad.
I know you want to say something to her, as i would but if you are owt like me once you start you may not be able to stop :?

I'd deff get OH to say something to her and mention what SIL had said about giving money to the older children

:hug:

i did tell DH and he was annoyed as well. he was going to ask my other nephew if he got money, but the thing is, is that he would have got it a few weeks ago and he might not really remember to well.

the thing is my mum will spend a bit more time with kieran when she comes, ie taking him shopping but she never buys him without the other two, kieran's stuff costs a bit more as he is a lot older, but my mum is not one for little children she gets on better when they are older like K, but as i said she would never buy one without the other. she gave both the two oldest ones the same money when they got their reports and i think that Jon is going to have to say something to his mum.

i dont want kieran in years to come to say that he felt left out but mil. is it because i am not blood. and dionne that is terrible, a ball with a bell. is dior the first grand daughter. and did mil have any daughters.

Its a really hard situation isnt it. I have a SS, and my mum and dad have taken to him wonderfully. He adores them and he spends a lot of time there with us. Im the only child so mum mum and dad only have the 2 grandkids. They are very worried that they treat SS differently. His mother spoils him rotten at Xmas, so he will get so much more than Charlie as i dont believe in spending £100's at xmas for toys that never even get played with (witch arent i?!) He also as 3 sets of grandparents! My parents will always buy Charlie a premium bond, and give SS toys,and some money for the bank account they set up for him. What im saying is that i dont agree with your MIL mising him out with presents like that, i think it is mean. Im sorry that isnt much help is it. But what im trying to say is that it can be hard for Step parents and Step grand parent too. sorry not maki ng much sense!

the thing is Hels is that she gave it to all the big grand kids and then lied about it to me. thats the thing. and the more things like this builds up in me and then i will just get so peeved that i will start shouting and i dont really want to do that.

now she is saying that when/if she comes to eastbourne, her and my sil want to start a cleaning business and expect all family to help, so i am lumped into that catagory, but there is no way that i am leaving my new job in a school so that i can go and clean peoples houses. that is not a job that i would enjoy.

That is blatently mean. The lying is not nice either. Its a tough situation isnt it. Id be teling her straight about the cleaning. If she wants to set up her own business, then she needs to only take on enough work for the staff she has!

davina said:
and dionne that is terrible, a ball with a bell. is dior the first grand daughter. and did mil have any daughters.

Kris is an only child so Dior is the first granchild and no she had no daughters so thats why she is like it but its so wrong. but kris dont want to upset her and us all fall out

I would be fuming!! That's really not fair on your son at all, I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut about it. Poor lad! Am sure I'll have all this to come when my niece is born in november. My mil has already said to them that is best be a girl cos she don't want a boy so that one will get spoilt and she doesn't give a crap about her grandson. Bloody mil's!

definitely bloody mil.

i have said this before but she has always wanted a blonde blue granddaughter. the only granddaughters she has are bi-racial. and all the rest are boys, still all dark hair. but liam, bless him, his hair has gone blonde. and both liam and joshua have blue eyes. (cant think why, i always thought that brown eyes were more dominant.)

that is so out of order if ur OH is willing to be a daddy to K then she should be more than alrite being a nan to him

if i was K i think id be feeling really upset at this and at 11 yrs old with hormones etc cant be easy for him lucky his got ur n OH and ur mum

thanks sarah

but the thing is she always treats him fair at birthdays and christmas. and if she didnt have the money to give to him she should have just said instead of lying and saying that she hadnt given anything to the bigger boys.

my mum doesnt like her anyway so you can imagine what her response is. also i know i am going to find myself watching everyone with K now. i am really protective over him anyway as he isnt blood related (dh treats him no different to joshua and liam). he is such a good boy, apart from his recent lapse :shock: i am getting really angry again now.

You are right to be angry, she should NOT have lied about it...the lie tells you she knows what she did was out of order...otherwise why lie?

Get OH to sort her out :twisted:

thats right urchin but she is down here until sat but i'm not going round there at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back