terrible day

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
i had a terrible terrible day today.

Liam woke up at around 11.30 from a 30 min sleep. he was fine so i asked kieran to take him upstairs while i carried on ironing. he started to cry as he had done a poo, so i changed his nappy and he was making funny noises, so i asked kieran to take him back upstairs but he was still making noises, so i asked K if he had put anything in his mouth to which he kept saying no. he was really struggling for breath and i tried to get hold of DH but mobile wasnt working (he was at football) so i phoned my sil who came round and said that we needed an ambulance. anyway it turns out that he has a really bad throat infection, and he has really bad earache in both ears. he was put on a nebaliser, it was really scarey.

Aww hope ur all ok hun. That must of been horrible for you. :hug: Nebulizers are fantastic for making you breathe properly again (I have asthma). Does Liam have asthma?

Thinking of you both xx

Oh Davina,hope everything is okay,I can't imagine how you must have felt :hug: :hug: :hug:

oh davina - you must have been terrified.
hope he gets well soon. :hug: :hug:

hi

no he doesnt have asthma and his chest was clear, it was just all the infection in his ears and nose and throat. he has now got saline drops for his nose which we have to use before he eats or drinks. he has medised (thanks dionne), nurofen and antibiotics. he has diarrhoea, and getting through nappies at a fast rate. he has bags under his eyes like you have never seen. and yet he still manages a smile. i was going to pull a sickie from work but i dont get paid if i have a sickie for the next year :( . His temperature at the hospital was 38.7, which i understand is quite high, and it still going up and down now.x

awww huun i hope he feels better soon poor lil mite must have been horrible for u to :hug: :hug:

awww hun must have been scary especially to have to call an ambulance!glad he is ok though (((hugs)))

aww hun u must of been so scared, hope he is feeling better soon hun :hug: :hug:

aww huni poor thing, at least you got to the problem and he has medicine now, 38.7 is high but not massively high so the meds must be working abit :) I have seen thermometers on babies go up to 41 which then gets very worrying :(.

Bless him still smiling im sure he will be back to normal in no time.

:hug: cas xx

Sorry to hear that davina, hope hes better soon, ive been in the same situation with Kaiden when we were on holiday, all i felt was panic :hug: to you both XkelX

Sorry to hear this davina, hope he is feeling much better very soon for you :hug:

Oh babe :hug: It's so scary calling am ambulance for your kids :( :hug:
How is he today? Hope he wasn't too bad last night, poor little thing.

I hate this time of year for the ENT infections, poor kids get everything :(

ah bless - sorry not been on all weekend so only just seen your post.

poor little love - hope he is on the mend now?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

good news: Liam is doing a lot better. antibiotics kicked in. and keeping temperature under control with medicines.

bad news: Joshua has now gone down with it. the worst thing about this is that Joshua suffers with tonsilitis so will have to keep a check on him.

oh dear poor Joshua - fingers crossed it doesnt turn get to this tonsils then

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you all feel much better soon, Davina! :hug:

Emilia xx
ps. hope the new job is just fabby dabby!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members