SPD

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hi girls! Hope you're all ok! Was just told I have SPD yesterday after several visits to midwife with worrying pains in my back and down below. I was just wondering how many of you are suffering with it as well and if there are any tips to alleviate the pains.

Xx

I think there's quite a few sufferers so you're not alone! I've got it, and mine seems to come and go in severity - this week it's about a 4, two weeks ago it was an 8. I saw the physio and got a band (horrific, so uncomfortable, never used it after first few hours) and some exercises to do and advice to follow.

I have it too....have good days and bad days with it really. Walking around alot definitely makes it worse as does sitting down for too long so it's a fine line! Keeping your knees together and swinging your legs over does help when getting up from lying down...other than that, nothing really helps other than regular painkillers! xx

Its good to know there are good days and bad days. I was in quite a lot of pain yesterday and thinking that would be the norm for the rest of the pregnancy! So I'm glad that it isn't going to be like that right through! It won't affect the birth at all will it? I mean it won't make it harder for the baby to be born naturally will it?

Xx

It won't make it harder, it may make it more uncomfortable if you need to be on your back with your legs apart in that position but I'm sure there's a thread by PurpleHippy about giving birth with SPD and the consensus seemed to be that you don't notice the SPD pain anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back