I wish I could win the lotto...........

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
so I didnt have to go back to work.....Im not asking for much.....just enough to live on till Maisey goes to nursery haha....The thought of going back to work with her been so young fills me with dread! Would be ok if family could help out but both sides work full time! Im looking for a new job to go back part time. What is everyone else doing.....going back full or part time? Im due back in July but wanna hand my notice in...I know I dont have to pay back SMP but can I request to take all my hols imediately after then hand my notice in?

S
xx

Oh gosh I'm dreading it! Tbh tho we've been quite lucky as last week my OH got a Payrise so I MIGHT not have to go back to work part of that is our circumstance as we've got no responsibilities like a mortgage etc so we made the most of this by having a baby lol!

I cry thinking about it I hate my job and the thought of leaving my gorgeous boy to go to that place is horrible :-( I have to go back full time as I earn the majority of our income :-(

You have totally summed up how I feel!! When it got to Jan I got so worked up & stressed out that iwas back at work THIS year I ended up at the Dr's who put me back on my anti-depressants (which I've not taken yet as am still bf'ing and not ready to give up yet). I hate my job so much, I had a breakdown last xmas and ended up signed off with depression and had to have counselling because of a bullying boss, but then I found out I was pg so had to go back as I needed the mat pay. I'm the higher earner by quite a bit so we would really be screwed if I left, but the thought of leaving my baby to go back there is making me ill. My oh is suggesting I don't go back and we could remortgage the house to pay back my mat pay, I feel so selfish as that will really screw us. I haven't got a clue what to do I feel so scared about it all, winning the lottery would be great :)

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I love(d) my job really dreaded going on maternity leave and couldn't let go................

But even now with R at two and a half weeks I'm already wishing I didn't have to go back in October even though its only 3 days a week.

I don't want to miss a single thing with her :(

I was lucky and could work from home from when Oz was 9 months old, I so wasn't ready to leave him before then. I went back into the office at the start of the new year though and I'm loving. Only 3 1/2 days a week and Oz goes to nursery, which he totally loves too.

It does all work out in the end. In the end I was so ready to have my own identity again outside of being a mum and I'm loving it now!

Thanks ladies. Glad to know we all in the same boat. Im gona try and find something that is 2 full days...fridays and saturdays would be good then I wouldnt have to put her in a nursery! haha .

Hope your all well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back