I will not give my baby formula!!!!!!!

As much as i know how annoying and how reluctant people suggesting formula when your breastfeeding i think your view on formula is over the top. its not poisen, you gotta remember theres ff mums on here that dont want to be made to feel inadaquit for your views.

you are v lucky to be able to breastfeed and well done for doing so but formula isnt bad!

But whether you like it or not, that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it (as are the other bf mums who have commented on this thread).
I have said I won't go into my views on formula out of respect so please don't tell me what I can and cannot think or that it's " over the top", thanks very much.
I am not "lucky", luck has nothing to do with it. It's down to damn hard work, determination and sheer perseverance, not bloody luck.

This thread was about my experience, not about FF mums.

It seems at times that BF mums can't have a rant about any BF situation without feeling that they need to pacify FF mums and I'm fed up of it tbh.

Just as you are free to give it to your children. What's it to you how I feel.

This situation had really upset me and I came here for support from other BF mums, not to get a flaming telling off about formula.

Gahhhhhh fuming.

Yes it is down to luck actually!!....i worked god damn hard to breastfeed my children but sometimes no matter how hard you try sometimes breastfeeding isnt possible so you ARE very lucky you could breastfeed!!!!.....

you are being over the top, you wouldnt like someone badmouthing bfing and making out like it was awful to bf so maybe you should have compassion for other mums on the forum.

as you said your opinion and this is mine its a public forum but please refrain from putting your opinion accross in such an offensive manner. some people dont breastfeed but that doesnt give them the right to critasize you!

Cosmic I know ofc that wasn't your intention and that was a bf post but I did cry reading it. That obviously has nth to so with you
Our bf went all wrong she wouldn't latch at all and my supply was awful.
I expressed and fed her like 1 bottle per day breast milk expressing like 20 ml each time every 3 h for 2 months.
I also cried for 2 m solid that I has to give my baby formula
I let her down and your post just reminded me of that. Everyone has to battle it's own demons.
I glad tour handsome boy is doing ok
Are the twins super excited with the new bundle of joy? I hope they all help you around.

Deep breaths and a cuppa?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Oh hun, I'm so so annoyed.
I really shouldn't let a complete stranger annoy me so much but she completely missed the entire point of the thread and yet again a thread about BF has been turned into a "don't make FF mums feel inadequate". That was never my intention but if that is the case then I'm sorry, I cannot be responsible for that surely?
I will not censor my feelings for the benefit of others, sorry but I won't.
Maybe I'm just over tired but for my hard work to be passed off as "luck" really upset me x

I'm a ff mummy and your opinion didn't bother me, each to their own. It's our baby our choices. I have got upset before over people saying I'm selfish for not bf but now I just think whatever!! And get on with it, my baby is fed and happy which makes me a happy mummy.
Don't stress :) xx

Thank you xx

As much as i know how annoying and how reluctant people suggesting formula when your breastfeeding i think your view on formula is over the top. its not poisen, you gotta remember theres ff mums on here that dont want to be made to feel inadaquit for your views.

you are v lucky to be able to breastfeed and well done for doing so but formula isnt bad!

But whether you like it or not, that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it (as are the other bf mums who have commented on this thread).
I have said I won't go into my views on formula out of respect so please don't tell me what I can and cannot think or that it's " over the top", thanks very much.
I am not "lucky", luck has nothing to do with it. It's down to damn hard work, determination and sheer perseverance, not bloody luck.

It seems at times that BF mums can't have a rant about any BF situation without feeling that they need to pacify FF mums and I'm fed up of it tbh.

This situation had really upset me and I came here for support from other BF mums, not to get a flaming telling off about formula.

Gahhhhhh fuming.

Yes it is down to luck actually!!....i worked god damn hard to breastfeed my children but sometimes no matter how hard you try sometimes breastfeeding isnt possible so you ARE very lucky you could breastfeed!!!!.....

you are being over the top, you wouldnt like someone badmouthing bfing and making out like it was awful to bf so maybe you should have compassion for other mums on the forum.

as you said your opinion and this is mine its a public forum but please refrain from putting your opinion accross in such an offensive manner. some people dont breastfeed but that doesnt give them the right to critasize you!

You completely missed the whole point of this thread because you were too busy being "offended" by my views on formula. Even though I have not stated what those views are!
This thread was about the lack of support from my oh, how he didn't appreciate the work I have put in and how easy he felt it was to throw in the towel. A point you seem to have by passed completely.

No it is not down to luck. I have bf through three bouts of mastitis, two tongue tied low birth weight twins, two weeks in scubu, one week for myself in high dependency, two bouts of nipple thrush, one nipple damage and most recently a bout of gastroenteritis, so please don't talk to me about luck,
That is really offensive.

Firstly yes it is down to luck, i breastfed my 2nd child for 14months but was impossible the probs i had to breastfeed my son so yes it was down to luck, i put myself through so much crap to try and breastfeed but i had probs that made breastfeeding not possible! so hard work doesnt mean you will be able to bf.

also no i didnt CHOOSE to ff my son!

I am not critasizing you i just think your being way ott acting like people who give their babies formula are pouring poisen down their throats VERY poor attitude!#

also its a public forum so im entilted to answer if i wish. and if you want support maybe you shouldnt set out to offend people and get all over dramatic.

also if you dont want ff mums to answer maybe put its ONLY for bfing mums to be reading. although just beacuse i ff my son i still have plenty experience in bfing my other children.

i was trying to be supportive saying i know how upsetting it is to be told give formula when your trying so hard to bf but i also think its offensive not even giving a crap whos feelings you hurt with your opinions.

if you choose not to ff then fine but you dont need to make it sound like something its not on a public forum!

Gahhhhhh fuming.

You completely missed the whole point of this thread because you were too busy being "offended" by my views on formula. Even though I have not stated what those views are!
This thread was about the lack of support from my oh, how he didn't appreciate the work I have put in and how easy he felt it was to throw in the towel. A point you seem to have by passed completely.

No it is not down to luck. I have bf through three bouts of mastitis, two tongue tied low birth weight twins, two weeks in scuba, one week for myself in high dependency, two bouts of nipple thrush, one nipple damage and most recently a bout of gastroenteritis, so please don't talk to me about luck,
That is really offensive.

well if its not down to luck do you mind explaining to me how i managed to bf my daughter for 14months then her little brother couple latch on to feed therefor only option was to ff??? not luck eh

well done to you for getting through all that and continuing bfing. sometimes its not as easy as per servering sometimes its not possible though. just keep doing whats your doing you dont have to give formula, i just hope you never have to give formula to any of your children having such a negitive view of it. good luck

When did I say formula was like poison? When did I say FF mums couldn't reply.
Tbh live, I think YOU are the one who is completely over the top.
You are turning my problem into a personal dig at you and other FF mums and completely by passed my problem about a lack of support.
I couldn't care less what you feed your child, I came here for support at a low time, and I got it thank god, until you chimed in.
I no longer rush to converse with you if that's ok because I find your comments quite upsetting.

Do you know what, I am soooo proud of my achievements and you are not going to tarnish that.

well done to you for getting through all that and continuing bfing. sometimes its not as easy as per servering sometimes its not possible though. just keep doing whats your doing you dont have to give formula, i just hope you never have to give formula to any of your children having such a negitive view of it. good luck

I won't have to, but thanks for your concern.
And I will remind you once more, if you actually read my opening post, I have not even told you my views on formula! You decided that for yourself!

When did I say formula was like poison? When did I say FF mums couldn't reply.
Tbh live, I think YOU are the one who is completely over the top.
You are turning my problem into a personal dig at you and other FF mums and completely by passed my problem about a lack of support.
I couldn't care less what you feed your child, I came here for support at a low time, and I got it thank god, until you chimed in.
I no longer rush to converse with you if that's ok because I find your comments quite upsetting.

Do you know what, I am soooo proud of my achievements and you are not going to tarnish that.

well good for you where did i say you shouldnt be???? i didnt you dont have to be so rude and the way your post came across its like you didnt think highly of formula. good for you for breastfeeding thats wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would be breastfeeding too IF i could have! but im not beating myself up about him having formula because that was best for him.

I won't have to, but thanks for your concern.
And I will remind you once more, if you actually read my opening post, I have not even told you my views on formula! You decided that for yourself!

you didnt have to your op said it all. fair enough if thats what you think lol

Cosmic I know ofc that wasn't your intention and that was a bf post but I did cry reading it. That obviously has nth to so with you
Our bf went all wrong she wouldn't latch at all and my supply was awful.
I expressed and fed her like 1 bottle per day breast milk expressing like 20 ml each time every 3 h for 2 months.
I also cried for 2 m solid that I has to give my baby formula
I let her down and your post just reminded me of that. Everyone has to battle it's own demons.
I glad tour handsome boy is doing ok
Are the twins super excited with the new bundle of joy? I hope they all help you around.

Please don't feel like that hope, that was not what this thread was about.
It wasn't even about formula per se, although that was integral to explaining the situation. It was about the lack of support from my dozy oh.
I know how hard it was for you. Please don't feel like that :hugs:
I can understand how you feel as I would feel the same.

The twins are actually not that interested, which I thank god for as I know they won't be trying to pick him up when my back is turned lol!
They say good morning to him and good night and that's about it hehehe
Boys eh :) xx

Wide awake now grrrr. Watching Americas next top model and eating cornflakes, I'm going to pay for this late night tomorrow now :(
Tyra Banks really gets on my nerves!

My baby woke up screaming 1 h ago :( no sleep for me either. She squirms around and then calms down and the. Screams the house down, all that in her sleep :wall: I wish I could help her... For first time in 2 m got her on bed with me maybe to make it all better but no difference...
Maybe you can nap a little later ?

My baby woke up screaming 1 h ago :( no sleep for me either. She squirms around and then calms down and the. Screams the house down, all that in her sleep :wall: I wish I could help her... For first time in 2 m got her on bed with me maybe to make it all better but no difference...
Maybe you can nap a little later ?

Arrrgg there's nothing worse is there :hugs:
My little man has nights like that. He'll settle in my arms but then as soon as he realises I've put him back in his basket he cries again :wall:
It's a good job they're so cute :)
I don't really sleep well in the day for some reason, never have. I'm sure I'll be ok with an early night tomorrow xx

Well done Cos :) don't think your OH will make that suggestion again haha!!xxxx

Hi cosmic, just read this entire thread and wanted to say a massive well done on continuing to breastfeed. It's a massive testament to how strong you are considering what you have gone thru so well done you!

I was unable to bf and wen my oh suggested formula I felt like a failure, for me I just wanted to provide for my baby. But I managed to express for a month and now she's on formula and is very content (she sleeps for 12 hours at night). It's all about what works for you and your baby.

I wasn't at all offended by anything you said, it was very clear you were looking for support and thank goodness most ppl saw that. And considering the amount if support you give others I think it's reasonable to ask for some too wen you need it! :)

Anyways, well done you for pushing thru the hard times!

Thank you so much mouse, I really really appreciate your lovely post, it means a lot.
Thank you.
And well done to you too, I find expressing harder than feeding!!

Thank you xxxx

Harry suffered badly with wind in the begining, we founds gripe water especially at night really helped and laying him on his tummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back