I was burgled last night

Melanie

Reaction score
We were robbed at 3am last night. Someone broke into the house - the scary thing is they appear to have used a security key fob (the house has electric gates and access through the garage) Needless to say i am now shit scared in my own house.

They disturbed Baileys before they got much but its a big house and she was sleeping with us so they by the time she started barking and took off downstairs and we got up they had got away. They took my money (and id just been to the bank so there was 42000HUF ($200) in my purse. The took a photo of Richard from my purse and a 3D scan photo of Thea. They also took a photo frame with a picture of me and my brother Mark in it.

Richard has had to go to work because he is negotiating a massive contract with Nokia so i have to deal with the police on my own. It happened at 3am, its now 9am and still no police (nothing happens in a hurry in Hungary).

This sucks, i cant stop shaking now and i feel sick.

Oh no that's awful :(

I know you are ery shaken, as I would be, but the main thing is you are all OK.
It's very unlikely they would return, they didn't get much, and they discovered you have a dog.

Hope the police get there soon.

:hug:

OMG hun iam so sorry to hear that, u must be really worried :hug:

Why take pics stupid idiots :evil:

Hope u get everything sorted out quickly, i know its easier said than done but try not to worry hun :hug:

ohh no thats sooo horrid. your poor thiung
what nasty people. why did they take photos? and picture frames? i dont get it? its noit fair. if it happened to me ild be devistated your home is your lil comfort place to feel safe

touch wood (hope i dont jinks myself) :pray:
but i have never been broken into and never has any where iv lived

Ohh thats terrible

I really don't know what to say it's just shocking

I hope that it gets sorted for you and the police get off their arse and do thier job.

:hug:
xSuzx

Awww no hun. I really feel for you. It must be sickening to know that someone has been in your house while you sleep.
Some one attempted to burgle us a few months back whilst id popped to the shop. It scared me to think someone was watching me.
At least your dog did its job. mine was just scared silly! She must have hidden as it wasnt the dog that scared them off it was a neighbor!!!
Take care.......its unlikely they'll ever come near yours again with a dog about.

Aww hun :hug: what a horrible thing to have happened
Ploice are bloody useless all over the world arnet they?

Cannot beleive they took your scan photo :shock:

:hug: I am so sorry

Aww hun, i hope you get things sorted with the police and they get whoever did this to you.

I think it's really strange why they would take photo's though?!

Well i had to go round the house with the police and we noticed a few other things missing - DVD player, camera stuff like that.

The police say that its gang thing here and there was probably at least 3 of them in the house :(

They also say that these people dont care if we have a dog - now they know where things like the TV and bigger more expensive stuff is they will most likely come back. I so didnt need to hear that. Apart from scaring the shit out of me the police were basically friggin useless.

stupid idiots!!! what are they going to do about it? are they bringing forensics in for fingerprinting etc? Do you have security cameras etc? And im guessing you have an alarm, might be worth getting a seperate one with sensors above doors/windows downstairs and set it when you go to sleep, one of them ones that if it goes off sends a signal straight to the police?

Hope you are ok huni.

Take care
Cas xx

Melanie this is terrible, you poor thing :hug:

You don't need this kind of stress when you are pregnant. Will Richard be able to come home after his meeting? I can't believe the police were so crap. Couldn't they give you any advice at all?

It must be awful having no family or friends to support you over there, thank god you have Bailey at least she is company.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh God :shock: how awful for you. I hope they don't come back.
Hope you are ok.

Oh no Melanie, sounds awful you poor thing! :hug:

Can't believe the police were so useless and told you that, what a bunch of numpties! :wall:

What a bunch of useless wankers?!

So what are they planning on doing, nothing?

yeah basically they plan on doing nothing. They told me i could go to the police station to file the report if i wanted to too but they dont see the point because they wont catch them. Great huh.

Josef (he is the hungarian guy the company employ to help us) is going to take me into the police station after lunch.

oh how horrible.

i dreamt we got burgled last night, just glad it was a dream.

How weird to take scan photos too?

Hope you get things sorted soon.

Melanie said:
yeah basically they plan on doing nothing. They told me i could go to the police station to file the report if i wanted to too but they dont see the point because they wont catch them. Great huh.

Josef (he is the hungarian guy the company employ to help us) is going to take me into the police station after lunch.

What a load of crap, how are you supposed to feel safe in your home when the police are doing bugger all about it?!

God hun, i really feel for you, especailly being so far away as well big hugs :hug:

Melanie said:
We were robbed at 3am last night. Someone broke into the house - the scary thing is they appear to have used a security key fob (the house has electric gates and access through the garage) Needless to say i am now sh*t scared in my own house.

They disturbed Baileys before they got much but its a big house and she was sleeping with us so they by the time she started barking and took off downstairs and we got up they had got away. They took my money (and id just been to the bank so there was 42000HUF ($200) in my purse. The took a photo of Richard from my purse and a 3D scan photo of Thea. They also took a photo frame with a picture of me and my brother Mark in it.

Richard has had to go to work because he is negotiating a massive contract with Nokia so i have to deal with the police on my own. It happened at 3am, its now 9am and still no police (nothing happens in a hurry in Hungary).

This sucks, i cant stop shaking now and i feel sick.

what do they want with those photos :think: :think:
what an awful thing to happen melanie. I bet you're really shook up. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
have the polce been any use at all?

you poor thing. i can imagine how ur feeling we ot burguled a few yrs back an its not a nice experience.
take care
xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back