I think our boy is going to end up without a name!

berit87

Reaction score
There is not a single name OH and I agree on. I like Sebastian he hates it. He likes Caleb and I hate it. I like Ethan he's not keen on it. He hates Nathan. We both like Brooklyn but that's like a rip off of David and Vic Beckham's child, lol. I can't find any other names I like and that would go nicely with our other LO Brandon and surname Bailey :( x

Go for Brooklyn - that has a great ring to it! If it was a name like James you wouldn't compare to all the other famous James in the world... So what if its the son of Posh & Becks.. Go for it if you both love it!

You're right... I think Brandon and Brooklyn go together well as well... Oh I don't know, it's soooo hard to find a decent boys' name :(

yeah it is really hard with boys names! With girls names if they sound cute it doesnt matter as they become an adult as its still feminine, but with boys, you want a nice name for a little boy and thinking about when theyre a grown man too!

Are there any themes you want to go along with? does it have to start with 'B' to go with his brother?

Just popped into my head; William Bailey, sounds like he'd be a published author or something as an adult. Will Bailey as a teenage boy or Bill Bailey.

Yeah, exactly, there are sooo many pretty girls names. We had a look through a few names' books and all boys names sound stupidly made up or out of bible!

I don't really mind, it doesn't have to begin with a B really, I just think they have a nice ring to it. But I don't mind as long as it's not too common like John or James and not too biblical or demonic like Balthazar or Caleb...

I've been through hundreds of web pages and so many books... I know we have plenty of time but I am starting to lose hope

See I like William but OH thinks it's too common and old fashioned and out of a royal family... Thought I was fussy but he is another league!

so nothing too traditional or biblical. You need quite a unique name then. I like brooklyn. Have either of you got any irish/scottish/welsh family history? Some of the older celtic names are really nice.

Nope, as english as english can be. I like some Welsh name but obviously he's got too many welsh jokes and not having any of it...
I think that was the best part of being a single mum! lol. Not that I change anything now but it was so much easier when there was just me making decisions...
We were so set on a girl's name we didn't even think of anything else and now it's absolutely hopeless...

We're in exactly the same boat which is why i sometimes kick myself for not finding out the sex! lol! If it's a boy then i know i'll HAVE to find a name!

We didn't struggle at all for girls names - we chose it before LO was conceived and it's still stuck.

I like Brooklyn though - don't go with a name unless you're both 100% happy with it though x

just found a name Ive never heard of "Killian". Aparently its a real name, there was a saint killian. He was beheaded tho lol

don't go with a name unless you're both 100% happy with it though

yeah I agree with that! You could try out a name for a few days, talk to the bump using the name and see how it feels?

i hated my ds name tristan when my dh mentioned it i was like no way get stuffed and now i love it i love to call his name and its great because you dont hear it often :) he was a leighton for a while but we kept trying to think of other names so knew it was not menat to be haha

Last edited:
Hahaha, beheaded - that'll be stuck in my head now! Thanks tiny :lol:

I really really like Tristan, maybe I will get OH to like it somehow...

Aparently its a real name, there was a saint killian. He was beheaded tho lol

:rotfl:

that cheered me up a bit today!! xx

What about Jacob? Or Noah? I like those names xx

Dont know if they're biblical though! I know noah is, and I know there is jacob in the bible, but not sure how biblical lol xx

Tristan is lovely with your surname tooo - I like it!

or
Bryn Bailey
Caspian Bailey
Bastian Bailley

I LOVE tristan - my OH hates it though! lol!

We like Benjamin - however I only suggested it because Benjamin Kowalewicz is the lead singer of my ALL TIME fave band...I could name my cat after a band member but not my baby! lol! Jamie keeps telling me it's the name he likes, not why I suggested it! I don't know! x

JJ Mum: I agree, I absolutely love Tristan, I don't know if OH says he hates all the names I suggest only to wind me up!

Tasha: I like Benjamin as well but that my little boy's middle name. First name is Brandon (OH thinks I chose Brandon because the lead singer of The Killers is Brandon and I fancy his pants off :rotfl: )

glad you all love tristan i really adore his name it is supose to mean sad but everyone thats named it that i have seen have been very happy and my lil man is 1 happy kid it can also be used as a name for a girl i think the spellign is trystin but not to sure on that i think its more american for girls though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back