I think my waters just broke

Awwww, maybe it's the start of something, you never know.

Usually if your waters go they don't stop as water is always being produced. Mine broke early last time and it was a trickle that never stopped.

Aww sorry to hear its not your waters but the tightenings could still mean its early labour keeping everything crossed for you!! :hug: :hug:

Awwwww got so excited for you then :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Still if not today then who knows what will happen tomorrow xx

well i'm not completely mad- phoned up the midwife this afternoon cos I was feeling a bit fed up thinking nothing was going to happen and they asked if I'd felt the baby move recently and I hadn't been paying attention so didn't think I had- so they told me to come back in to be monitored. Cut long story short, baby all fine, contractions are there but they are mild so really don't think i'm gonna cope without pain relief!!, had a visit from a really horrible doctor who made me feel so stoopid for being there- even though they told me to come in-, then midwife did exam and told me i'm 2cm dilated, she did 2 sweeps and got my plug out and showed me :puke:. She reckons I'll be back in tonight so been sent home to rest and eat. Just been loo and think i've had my bloody show- tried to show dh just to wind him up but he wasn't having any of it!

handbagqueen said:
well i'm not completely mad- phoned up the midwife this afternoon cos I was feeling a bit fed up thinking nothing was going to happen and they asked if I'd felt the baby move recently and I hadn't been paying attention so didn't think I had- so they told me to come back in to be monitored. Cut long story short, baby all fine, contractions are there but they are mild so really don't think i'm gonna cope without pain relief!!, had a visit from a really horrible doctor who made me feel so stoopid for being there- even though they told me to come in-, then midwife did exam and told me i'm 2cm dilated, she did 2 sweeps and got my plug out and showed me :puke:. She reckons I'll be back in tonight so been sent home to rest and eat. Just been loo and think i've had my bloody show- tried to show dh just to wind him up but he wasn't having any of it!

:hug: Awww i really hope things are on there way for you xx

Yay :cheer: Hope things start progressing for you hun :hug:

handbagqueen said:

Hey hon!!

Thats gr8 news, also if you need pain relief then you need it!! All that matters is getting u through labour and getting baby here safely :hug: :hug:

I know for some women, your waters going smells like when a man ejaculates, sorry, no nice way of really saying that, and also it usually doesn't stop, I would definitely go and see the MW, have her check for you very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Missed your later post, GOOD LUCK!! for a happy and comfy labour and birth, hope things move along nicely for you :cheer: :hug: :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

Yay I hope things are moving for you now!! :cheer: :cheer:

Good luck, good luck :cheer:

If it's any consolation, my early contractions hurt like mad with my first baby - they made me feel rather stupid too when I went into hospital, only to be told I was 2 cms and sent home!!! 2nd time around it was better; third time around they didn't hurt until I was 4-5cms!!

When my waters went this time they did so big time but have always had to have them broken before, and they kind of trickled. There's always the possibility they got it wrong with you - afterall, you know your body better than anyone else, as someone else said.

Anyway, all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back