I think I have SPD :(

tipper

Reaction score
That's right! I was visiting with Dr. Google last night, and I truly think I have a minor-moderate case of SPD. :(

It started a couple of months ago after I had been bowling. I started noticing this pain in my inner thigh, but I wrote it off as a pulled muscle/nerve. That pain never went away, but instead worsened to the point where I can barely walk 10 minutes without ending up in horrible pain. I have horrible pain in the pelvic area whenever I try to stand up, get dressed, turn to the side, just about anything. When trying to sleep, I groan and make noises anytime I so much as have to move an inch due to the amount of pain in am in.

So yeah, with all that said, that's my unofficial diagnosis for myself! The scary thing is that from everything I've been reading, doctors over here in the States aren't too familiar with SPD or even know what it is. I'm thinking when I mention this at my next appointment they'll just think I'm crazy, or dealing with typical pregnancy symptoms (which in a sense, I guess SPD is..).

For those who have actually been diagnosed, are there any tips or advice that you have to try and deal with the pain and to help keep it under control? I've been reading horror stories of SPD sticking around for YEARS after birth, and that scares me to death. I can't imagine being in the shape I am after having our little boy :(

Thanks for reading!

Hey hun,

Didnt want to read & run, I havent got it so not much help Im afraid but a friend did & she was prescribed physio which really helped x

I had physio for it and she basically just showed me different ways of doing things e.g when bending down go on my knees instead of crouching down. I think I will need to o back though as I'm getting worse, the ones at the top of my inner thigh grind when I get up in the morning, so sore xx

I've got it really bad hun it ant noce, they have given me cruches :( best thing you can do is do everything epually ie dnt sit down to long, dnt walk about to much etc. Its a ball ache tbh!!

Yep sounds like SPD to me hun......I had it mildly through tri 2 then since 30 weeks it has been really bad and I can't get through a day without taking painkillers :-( Like you, the pain is between my legs, my inner thighs and even my lower bump....am even having trouble walking today! I really don't think there is much that can be done about it, I have been referred for physio but have not heard any stories about it being particularly helpful....I think they give you some sort of corset???? My GP has encouraged me to take paracetamol and I now have to take them everyday but they don't help much really. Just hope it doesn't hang around after birth....I know it does in some cases but I certainly don't think that's the norm. I think even in the UK doctors are only just becoming more aware of it....good luck xx

I've got it really bad hun it ant noce, they have given me cruches :( best thing you can do is do everything epually ie dnt sit down to long, dnt walk about to much etc. Its a ball ache tbh!!

Oh yes this is what happens to me....walk a bit and I seize up, but sit down and rest too long and I seize up aswell!! xx

When u get out of bed of off the sofa, swing your legs round together, with your knees touching as separating your legs can stretch your pelvis which makes it worse xx

Thank you for the tips! I've been working on getting out of bed (and the car, and off the couch...) properly, and it's amazing how much that helps. Also, I read that crossing your legs is bad when you have SPD....ugh. I'm a habitual leg crosser, so that's going to be a tough habit to break.

So last night, I discovered that tucking a pillow under my thighs/bum helps relieve the pain A LOT, but this makes me sleep on my back. How horrible is back sleeping this late in the game? I've gotta say, I had the best sleep that I've had in a looong time, and I would hate for it to be detrimental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back