I think I have finally got it

Sarahe

Reaction score
I think I have finally got it

I now really really enjoy being a mum, my partner used to come home from work and I would hand Bailey over :cry:

Now after nearly 8 weeks things are settled.
after changing Baileys formula 3 times, he is now on omino comfort, We think he had a lactose tolerance with the previous milk. he now feeds every 3/4 hours instead of every 1.5 hours. he now sleeps 3 hours batches instead of 30 min batches.

I have had to give in and give him his tummy to sleep on as after 10 mins on his back he would wake crying, now being on his tummy he sleeps longer and is much happier when he wakes, I got my first proper smiles yesterday when he woke up :dance: :dance:

Now when my partner returns from work I am now very reluctant to hand him over :lol: :lol:

Bailey is so cuddlily and ooooo I could just eat his chubby legs

Sarah x

Hey Sarah,

S glad your enjoying beg a mum.

I can relate to leaving the bambino on his tummy. My LO has been sleeping right through since 5 days old on his tummy as he refuses to sleep at all on his back. We use the tommee tippee sensor pad monitor just for extra piece of mind.

My brother and I also sleep on our tummy's and have done since birth! My mum told me it was what they were told back then through fear or babies chocking in their vomit! I think most of what they say should be taken with a pinch of salt as they never seem to decided what really is best. What matters is whats best for your baby!

Wishing you all the best!

yay thats good, Harley is 9weeks and we are more in a routine now i can tell what each diffenet cry is no when hes hungry or when hes tired, he goes 3hrs with out a feed then has a full 8oz. hes starting to sleep longer at night as long as i bath him late, as it knocks him out :lol:

Harley sleeps sooo much better on his tummy but because he is soooo sicky i cant let him as if he was sick he would choke :roll:

keep intouch hun, they are both close in age il be asking you for tips :)

ps i havnt got a smile yet :(

Aww thats great news.

Bailey wont be flying through a window anytime soon then.

Glad everything alright now xx

I'm glad things have settled for you :D

think most of what they say should be taken with a pinch of salt as they never seem to decided what really is best.
Sorry but...... there has been a 70% reduction in the numbers of babies dying from cot death since the 'back to sleep' campaign. That's my 5p worth anyway :oops:

It's such a shame we're not all perfect mums, I'm sick of the put downs on parents that are doing their best

Great news Sarah!

Numbers, numbers, numbers...

It really can drive you mad if you do everything that you are told.

Kai ALWAYS goes to sleep on his back, but in the last few weeks he is on his tummy when I wake up and see him. I was worried at first about this and realise now he is happy this way and leave it at that.

IMO you have to look at all the facts and make your own decision.

im glad things have settled down for you hun.

my sisters baby wouldnt sleep on her back atall, se has been on her tummy from day 1, she is now 7 months and a very happy baby.

you need to do what works best for YOU and YOUR baby :)

xxx

Damien sleeps on his tummy too and has been an angel sleeping since. Especially if he is on Omneo Comfort and has a touch of reflux symptoms it can really help. xx

tracyM said:
It's such a shame we're not all perfect mums, I'm sick of the put downs on parents that are doing their best

Sorry, but it wasn't a put down. I am also sick of being jumped on! I am not a perfect mum, my baby has torticollis and plagiocephaly which are both conditions aggravated by sleeping on her back, but if I let her sleep on her stomach there is a documented 70% higher risk of her dying. That's not a statistic/number/whatever that I am willing to ignore. This forum is used by a lot of mothers and mums to be, personally I'm happier posting the other side of arguments to try and help them make an informed decision.

If anyone has a problem with this post, or any of my others, then feel free to PM me.

i have had three babies and the first two were happy to sleep on their backs. I was aware of the 'guidelines' so i was happy to let then sleep that way.
Then i had my third baby and she WOULD not sleep on her back. No way hose.
Still i was aware of the guidelines but she slept on her tummy. she was happier i was able to rest, hubby was able to sleep. The household on a whole was happy. And that is what its all about.

Cot death can resuly from not only the postition of the baby sleeping but other factors too - such as cigarette smoke and temperature of the room.

To say that you wouldn't lay your baby on its tummy to sleep for fear of cot death to me sceams inexperience and lack of confidence.
Moherhood is all about enjoyment and leaning about YOUR baby. Not following rules and regualtions.

Babies are all individuals and so are we. Ill do what i like when i like. I have the confidence to do that. :D

sarae well done for finding your feet and im sure you've listened to all advice but at the end of the day done your own thing. Tats what its all about.

To say that you wouldn't lay your baby on its tummy to sleep for fear of cot death to me sceams inexperience and lack of confidence.

I'm very confident in my parenting abilities :)

when is it ment to be ok to let a baby sleep on their belly? my HV told me once they can lift their own head?

alot more people sleep in the bed with their baby, i think that seems more dangerous then a baby sleeping on their belly?

the risks are meant to be lowered when they can roll over. Co-sleeping does cvarry risks but again there are ways of reducing these, i.e. not doing it if you smoke, drink etc.

i slept with all of mine :D
in china cot death is almost non existant and its thought that it is becasue a baby is very rarely left alone to sleep ot anything.

i wouldnt co-sleep as im a heavy sleeper once i was cold and pulled the blanket up to find Dior under the covers :shock:

i also read even by wearing a nightshirt can increase cot death, by them being to close to you and their nostrols getting to close to the nighty and suffercating them and over heating.

Harl will lay on his tummy if im awake but due to his reflux i cant let him sleep like it as i no he will be sick, but he is so much happier

each to their own.

ill listen to stuff but do my own thing.

just read aroyund so you are aware then make up your own mind. I co-sleep and have been fine but I understand why others don't (especially when she pulls my nose to wake me up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back