I need advice

AndrewJ

Reaction score
First off I do apologize if this is not the correct place for this.

My GF is 22 I am 24, she has never had a regular cycle since her teens, but had a stressful life until I got to know her and moved her away from her family.

Now we have decided to have a child, and it was time to go doctors, she’s had an ultrasound and we got the results today, now these a cryptic to me.

What brought me here was she is having the early symptoms of pregnancy, she requires the toilet more often, has an increase in hunger and occasional loss of appetite; also she is tired more often, and has stomach cramp.

Now the letter of results we got reads exactly like this.

--

"The uterus is seen to be anteverted. There is thickening of endometrium, which measures about 1.6cm in thickness. No focal lesion is seen in the uterus. The ovaries are noted to be normal. No Pelvic mass is seen."

---

Can someone help me I have heard that the thickening can be a sign of early pregnancy? She has tried a test kit on the day of the scan this was just over a week ago, which was negative, but then it was only a Tesco one, which I don't trust at the best of times.

:wave: Hey,

I'm not sure on what is meant by your results, but just wanted to suggest maybe posting your thread in the TTC section as I think you will get more help in there.

SarahH said:
:wave: Hey,

I'm not sure on what is meant by your results, but just wanted to suggest maybe posting your thread in the TTC section as I think you will get more help in there.

Ahhh I do apologize, could some nice admin person move it, I would not like to double post as I know it is agaisn't most forum rules :).

Either PM Urchin or some of the other Mods or just copy the link of here to the TTC section.

I'm sure the nice Mods wont mind for your first post :wink:

:lol:

AndrewJ said:
--

"The uterus is seen to be anteverted. There is thickening of endometrium, which measures about 1.6cm in thickness. No focal lesion is seen in the uterus. The ovaries are noted to be normal. No Pelvic mass is seen

Obviously you should contact your consultant/GP for an explaination but the words translated are.....

Anteverted uterus means it's tilting forward slightly which is normal. thickening of the endometrium (lining of the womb) happens during the menstrual cycle, ready for the implantation of 'an egg'.... if implantation doesn't happen then the body gets rid of the lining, which is a period. 'No focal lesion is basically no growth which is obviously good news.

I can't believe the hospital would send you a letter like that... it sounds to me as though it was a report meant for your consultant/GP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back