I need a hycosy... anyone had this done??

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hubby and I had our first NHS appointment today. We have of course been to Harley Street so you know that all of our tests to date are clear, Ie hubby's sperm, my scan, 21 days bloods and my AMH Level. I don't have fibroids, endo or PCOS.

The Doctor at the NHS did an internal examination and said that to complete the tests I need a hycosy which can be done on my next cycle so not too far away.

Has anyone ever had one of these... ?? Do they hurt? All i know is that I take antiboitics a few days before. Why do I have to take these??

When we spoke to Harley Street last week the lady we spoke to did say that we could start mild/soft IVF in January, but if not and we were going to carry on trying then I would need a hycosy so at least the advice is the same.

Sorry for loads of questions, but I am surprised we can have IVF without having checked my tubes or needing a Hycosy??
:eh:
Gizzy xxxx

Hey, sounds like your appointment went well.

Hopefully the ladies will be able to help you as I havent had one yet, though I have looked up what one is I dont know much about them. x

I'm doing fine, just plodding along.
Another progesterone test on Thursday for me.

Charlie x

Haven't had hycosy yet but after our first appointment last month was told I need one, rang today to book but they cant fit me in this month :( so now have to wait another cycle to hopefully get book, also means i need to re-arrange our next appointment with Dr as won't have has the hycosy by then :(

The antibiotics are because the risk of infection from having the scan, i was given 2 lots and a painkiller x

Tinkerbell if you do not want to wait you can get it done privately which is what I am doing. I see you are from London and there are clinics that will do this. I am having mine done at Create Health in Wimbldeon. I rang up today and they could fit me in whenever I was gfree during days 7-15 of my cycle. this will save you waiting.

Gizzy xxxxx

They cost around £300 or so don't they?
Hopefully Guy's will be ok to fit me in next cycle so not a complete nightmare, if I was told there was about a 6 month waiting list I'd be likely to pay it but at the moment I'm fine waiting and saving the money ;)

Hiya hun, im having my hycosy on tuesday so i'll let you know what happens then xxxx

I had one in November last year. I posted in missjulys thread about her identity appt.

My personal experience was it was horrible. Sorry to be so blunt! When they inserted the catheter into my cervix it really scratched and they couldn't see one ovary so had to proper dog around with the internal scan probe. Take plenty of painkillers, have a pad at the ready when u get out as I bled straight away and have a hot water bottle when u get home.

Hope u have a better experience than me x

oh that sounds awful!! not looking forward to it at all now.......However it does say on my info sheet that its advised to take painkillers 30 minutes before x

Hi girlies.............. i had one last thursday and im pleased to say it didnt hurt at all for me !! I think it all depends on the person performing the hycosy, but for me it was absolutely fine. I just had slight period pains (without bleeding) for a day or two later. I just took 400mg ibuprofen and 2 paracetamol 30 mins before I went xxxx

Hi ladies, they have given me antibiotics to take 2 days before and 3 days after. Thanks for all your comments. Larley Belle was everything okay with your results? Nicky let me know how it goes. We have it booked it for 30th December xxxx ps thanks mushy, I am hoping it will be as you say :D love gizzy xxx

They told me it prevents infection. Do you want me to send you the info sheet i got??? Giz x

Was you just given one lot of antibiotics and nothing else?

Hi Tinkerbelle, I was given 5 days lots of antibiotics to start 2 days before and 3 days after... and now I have just re read the info sheet it looks like a have to insert a suppository in as well the night before... bloody charming!

Gizzy xxx

Ps in answer you our other question it is costing £300. xx

Hi Tinkerbelle, I was given 5 days lots of antibiotics to start 2 days before and 3 days after... and now I have just re read the info sheet it looks like a have to insert a suppository in as well the night before... bloody charming!

Gizzy xxx

it was the suppository I was wondering about, I've got 2 :shock: and a 5 day course of regular oral antibiotics. I really don't fancy doing those suppositories, it seems not everyone is given them so I wondered if they were really, REALLY needed.

Hi there. Sorry for my ignorance...are you guys talking about an HSG? If so, I'm having a nightmare booking in for mine...for 3 cycles now I have phoned up trying to get an apt to be told either full or consultant on leave, grrr. Somewhat annoying as I've had to put my next apt with consultant back now.

Oh the joys of baby making :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back