Hycosy next tuesday :)

nicky1987

Reaction score
Phoned the hospital today to see if my referral had finally gone through (after consultant forgetting) and have booked my hycosy scan for next tuesday afternoon. Due to lack of AF i have to take a pregnancy test when i get there to make sure i havent conceived. Highly doubt that would have happened!!

So does anyone have any advice on hycosy scans? What should i expect?

xx

I wanted to wish you all the luck for the road of getting your BFP soon...

I don't know what a hycosy scan is, but I am sure you will be fine

X

Don't really know about hycosys doll but just wanted to say good luck and glad you didn't have to wait too long for it Xxx

Is that the lap and dye? Im not very good with names. I think it is as I had to do the whole pregnancy test thing too. Bit crazy seen Ive not ovulated for a year!

In terms of the procedure it was ok. If Im honest I did find the part when they put the dye in a bit painful and a bit strange feeling as you could actually feel it going through. It wasnt unbearable pain but I hadnt expected it. If I was to sum it up I would say its was slightly painful and uncomfortable but worth it. At the appointment I was given full feedback that I was all clear.

I went back to work afterwards but had a very light spot of blood after but was fine for the rest of the day. Hope this helps and is indeed the right procedure. Another step closer to a wee bean! Just keep that in your mind! Good Luck!

I havent had one myself but from what I have read from lots of ladies the pains are like strong cramps which thankfully pass quite quickly and you can get your results straight away.

Tips that I hae read is make sure you take some sanitary pads in case of excess dye and possibly some bleeding.

Maybe take some painkillers an hour or so before you have it done xxxxx

Thanks hun, it says on the letter i have to take painkillers 30 minutes before the scan. I'm looking forward to having it done but also really nervous in case i do have a blockage! Fingers crossed ll will be good tho! xxx

Glad you have it booked now and not long of a wait, still waiting to be able to book mine so no words of advice/how it is but from what I've read it isn't too bad some people experiance a few cramps but nothing major.

Laura it's simular to a lap & dye I think but isn't the same no.

Thank you girls. OH has managed to get the afternoon off work so thats made me fell less nervous about it :) x

Thank you :) You'll be getting lots of nervous texts off me on Tuesday!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back