I know i shouldn't feel like this

Cixes

Reaction score
I can't help it but i really want a little girl.

After having the boys i just feel like a little girl would complete me, and i although i know if i am told this one is a boy i will love it no matter what and i know that the most important thing is that the baby is ok, that's why i feel so shallow for being so desperate!

I keep hiding how i feel to all my family (many who are convinced this one is a girl) I put this face on saying that i wouldn't mind having another boy, and i don't but i know that when i am told if baby is a boy i will have those few seconds of disappointment :?

I am so sad that today i was looking at the baby clothes in Asda and i started getting all upset when i looked at pink things! The boys clothes were lovely too but the desire to be able to buy pink is overwhelming! Thats why i get so upset because i know that it probably won't happen and i will still be buying boys clothes and toys!

Its pathetic isn't it...so many women on here are either desperately ttc or are desperate to have a healthy baby and here i am moaning because i am desperate for a daughter! :cry:

Dont feel bad, lots of people have a slight preference, its nothing to feel guilty about especially as you know you will love the baby either way :hug: :hug:

dont be too hard on yourself, as you say you will love the baby whatever sex it turns out to be. A friend of mine recently had her 4th baby boy and I know she really hoped it would be a girl too. She said finding out the sex at her scan helped as she did feel a little dissapointed but was well and truly over it by the time she gave birth, she was pleased she found out as it didn't spoil her first moments with him in any way.
now she says she's really happy as she won't have girls teenage tantrums to deal with :lol:

nazmomi said:
dont be too hard on yourself, as you say you will love the baby whatever sex it turns out to be. A friend of mine recently had her 4th baby boy and I know she really hoped it would be a girl too. She said finding out the sex at her scan helped as she did feel a little dissapointed but was well and truly over it by the time she gave birth, she was pleased she found out as it didn't spoil her first moments with him in any way.
now she says she's really happy as she won't have girls teenage tantrums to deal with :lol:

Yeah thats exactly why i am going to find out the sex because i don't want anything getting in the way of those first precious moments that i hold my child. I was the same last time i found out i was having a boy and by the time i left the hospital i was over the moon!

It's these bloody hormones doing silly things to us! As you say, boy or girl wen you bring them home you'll not care what sex they are!

Cixes said:
nazmomi said:

Yeah thats exactly why i am going to find out the sex because i don't want anything getting in the way of those first precious moments that i hold my child. I was the same last time i found out i was having a boy and by the time i left the hospital i was over the moon!

I know it's not quite the same but with my first I was adamant I wanted a boy, not sure why I just really didn't want a girl. My Oh and parents were with me when the sonographer cheerfully announced I was having a daughter and I burst into tears. No one knew what to say until i said realy proudly wow I can't believe I'm having a daughter!!! i was over the moon. I think most ppl secretly have a slight preferene but in 99.9% of cases it makes no difference cos your already in love with them by the time you find out!

awww hun :hug: not really got any words but i imagine your not the only one to feel like that and you shouldnt feel bad

i think deep down i'd like a girl, which is why i've convinced myself its a boy, am worried now if they tell me its a girl i'll be upset, because i've been so excitied about a boy!

It's only natural hun you want to be able to do all those mother daughter things. Though having had 2 boys then a girl I have to admit to a certain amount of relief I am having another boy I adore my DD and wouldn't change her but she is far more hard work than the boys have ever been. I will keep fingers crossed for you first that baby is healthy second that you get your girl and if you don't it is ok to be a bit upset about it for a while too :hug:

cixes I was having these thoughts today too.I have a boy and my hubby would love a girl first and foremost, and so would I.This is only natural, to have one of each and I want to find out what the sex is before its born because i want to get any 'Oh well its not a girl' thoughts out of the way before the big day.I know I will love him/her so much regardless of the sex, a girl would be wonderful though. What will be will be :hug:

It's completely normal to feel like this, as the other wonderful girls told you please don't feel bad :hug:

Think of it this way, if it's another boy and you feel just a little disappointed, you'll forget about it the minute you hold your healthy baby in your arms :hug:

thanks girls, it's nice to know that i am not just being selfish thinking like this. I just can't get the next 2 weeks over fast enough so that i can go to my 20 week scan! I don't know if i am going to tell anyone though because last time mil said " oh another boy your useless!" i know she was just joking but i did feel a bit useless!

I love having 3 boys and i know that if i get 4 it will be just as fun! i would just love to give my hubby a daughter too.

Ahh hun don't feel bad. Anyone else who had 3 of the same sex would be thinking the same - I know I would. Who knows whats in there :D :hug:

I don't think you should feel bad either... I think if I also had 3 of the same sex I would probably want one of the opposite sex! But like everyone else has said, I'm sure once you're holding that gorgeous little baby in your arms and gazing down at it, you won't really mind! I think it's a good idea finding out at the scan, so if it is a boy, you can get used to the idea!

I remember my mum telling me about her friend a couple of years ago though, she had four boys and was pregnant with her fifth, everyone was certain it would be another boy and she washed and ironed all her boys old baby clothes & they didn't buy anything for a girl... they couldn't tell what it was at the scan (had it's little legs crossed).. then a few months later she had the shock of her life when she gave birth to a girl! :D

Am sure there are loads of others like you but scared to say out loud... Entitled to feelings so it's not bad. Like the others have said you'll be looking back on this post whatever the outcome thinking "didn't matter at all in the end!" Shall have to let us know the colour when it happens.
:hug:

timtam said:
Am sure there are loads of others like you but scared to say out loud... Entitled to feelings so it's not bad. Like the others have said you'll be looking back on this post whatever the outcome thinking "didn't matter at all in the end!" Shall have to let us know the colour when it happens.
:hug:

I agree! You MIL sounds lovely too :fib: :lol: Joke or not it's a hurtful thing to say! :hug: :hug: :hug:

i was EXACTLY the same with this pregnancy. i made a post about it that did get a little heated/debated if i remember rightly.

Its pretty normal i think, I am hoping to start trying for baby no.2 in the next few months, we already have a little boy who is just 2, and i am really hoping i will have a little girl next time round. I know because of my age and finances i probably will have no more than 2 children and think i will be really upset if i dont have a daughter. I have such a close relationship with my mum that i want the chance to have that with my own daughter.

Thats how I feel swan1, if i never had a girl i think initially i would 'mourn' never having girly shopping trips and stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back