I just spent £120 quid in mothercare!

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
:oops:

Can you girls make me feel less guilty, it wasn't ALL on baby stuff some of it was me....and my friend

*2 pairs of maternity joggers at £18!!- guilty because I only have 2 weeks left but then figured I needed to be comfy when breast feeding/feeding and people will be visiting and I can't wear my washed out tatty ones.

*a nice maternity top I got in the sale for a party on Sunday, nothing fits and have been feeling minging in my hubbies clothes of late. You have to try and make yourself feel better.

*x2 nursing bras. Well, you need to get these.

*Muslin clothes, someone told me to get one good pack from mothercare and supplement with cheaper ones from Asda, still feels like a waste, £15 for a pack of 12 :shock: .

* A room and bath digital thermometer and a fever digital one too, these were both super expensive, don't know why I didn't go to boots or a chemist and have probably been ripped off but you know...these things could save my bubs life so thought I'd get the best, don't trust my common sense, my mum says it is obvious when a baby is too hot.

Then I spent money on teeny new baby socks, sleepsuits for my friend who has her baby in special care, I took her goss mags, x2 baby mags and a big chocolate cake to cheer her up. Both her and baby are doing ok but she is getting a bit upset seeing all the healthy bubs around when hers looks so tiny and fragile and on a drip but she is getting stronger everyday.

So, have I been ripped off by mothercare, could have got everything online for half the price I know....at least it is all done now, all shopping done and dusted, baby just needs to arrive. Has everyone else done their shopping ?

xXXXx

I've got all the shopping sorted except for the nursing bras, and the bouncing chair and baby gym (the latter two OH reckons we'll get as gifts once babys here).

I wouldn't worry about the spending spree, it's not everyday you've got a new baby to buy for. Shopping in mothercare is so much fun! :dance:

Sounds like you did ok :) I doubt you would have saved a whole lot more shopping online.

I've not bothered with a bath thermometer as the old elbow does a decent job. The room thermometer we got was one of those egg ones that change colour. Our house is old and has no central heating so I wanted something I could just glance at from a distance in the dark and know was either ok or not.

I backed up my digital thermometer with the forehead strips as sometimes babies just don't sit still for a temp reading.

aww hun :lol: I love how you list each item then try to justify it :rotfl: bless ya! As long as you had a good time shopping nothing else matters! :D

Ive done all my shopping but still keep seeing things that I might need 'just in case' :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back