I have ...

Violet

Reaction score
Finally I've had to buy some maternity clothes. My normal trousers still fit me tbh, but now my belly is bigger than my hips and I can't wear a belt, if my trousers come down just a little they slide right off me and end up round my knees. :blush: it's happened a few times in the house and I really don't want it happening while I'm out lol.

I really could do with a few new bras too. Tried some on in mothercare, but the ones I liked they didn't have my size so I've gotta go find some somewhere else.

Can't believe I'm 25 weeks before needing new clothes, especially bras as I thought I'd be in them weeks ago. Is anyone else in the same boat?

That's a long ol' way into it! I hope my other half lasts that long before she needs new clothes lol

I did buy some new bras ages ago, but I only just got maternity clothes on Saturday.

Its all soooo comfy!

XX

if your smaller bumped, then next maternity jeans can be good, only the ones with just the eleastic pockets , not that horrible fuull belly of elastic!! They look awuful if you don't fill them all hanging out of bottom of t-shirt empty!! M&S good for bras as always

U r very lucky! I spilled out of my normal clothes at 8 weeks!!

I've only just bought maternity trousers last week - but only because I needed some for work and thought I should get maternity ones to grow into, I still fit into all my normal clothes although I am finding maternity clothes a bit more comfy.

I still fit into all my jeans and trousers, but have maternity vests and t shirts that I wear as well as my normal tops.

There is such a poo selection of maternity clothes in the shops though!

I got maternity bra from debenhams and they are really comfy, think it was £18 for a two pack. And I got one from mothercare which was £18 for one, and not as comfy - even though I had it fitted by the sales girl there.

I'm mainly in leggings at the moment (normal one's though) as I no longer fit into most of my normal size 10's...

I have one pair of skinny jeans that I can wear and use a hair bobble to fasten (thanks JayJay for that tip by the way!!)

I am hoping I can got through most of the pregnancy with what I have. I bought lots of baggy vests a size bigger from ebay and my sister donated lots of size 10/12 maternity clothes!

I may invest in a proper maternity denim skirt if the weather ever does pick up! I also have a few summer dresses that will still fit even with a bump!

xxxxxxxx

I've been in maternity jeans from 6 weeks and can't fit into any of my normal clothes

People are telling me I'm going to give birth to a baby elephant :shock: , or they ask me "are you sure you got your dates right?" :wall2:

I'm still managing to fit into a couple of pairs of my jeans, and fine with tops.

I need to go get some soon really x

I'm still losing weight and wearing jeans that I couldnt even fit into before being pregnant :(
Its worrying because I want to get bigger so I know tiny one is getting bigger but its just not happening!
Although the only silver lining is that I havent seen a single maternity thing I like yet so maybe once I spot something, my belly might appear (maybe its a girl, its so considerate!) xxx

I've been in elastic topped trousers since 12 weeks as I could not feel comfort with anything with a waist band , so it's difficult to know if my belly's any bigger but I'm definitely beginning to notice the elastic is starting to sit under my belly now . I think my bump is finally coming now . yay xx

Last edited:
I've got a painful cyst and my jeans seemed tout me across that area. They still fit tho just belly has to sit over the top! I bought mat jeans and have been wearing them since 12 weeks. Bought some linen trousers from new look for work which are still big even with a belt.....but I'm confident I will grow into them! Haha! Just been buying some pretty things from next tonight, they have some reasonable mat wear. I need smart clothes for work but mainly I wear everything with leggings at weekends! I'm dreading getting bigger..... Just can't imagine how I'm going to look! Ha! Eeeeek! Xx

i was in mat jeans at 12 weeks needed them at 8 really but denied it and was in mat tops by 16 weeks, by 25 weeks i had to buy newer ones, youve done well x

I haven't bought any new bras yet either, my boobs don't seem to have grown much at all! Glad its not just me :)

I had to buy one pair of cheapo work trousers in a size up from my usual size at 18 weeks, and I've also been using the old hairbobble trick too which has been brilliant :)

This weekend just gone I finally gave in and bought maternity work pants and also some maternity white linen pants from New Look... Omg they are so comfy! I'm looking forward to putting them on today, lol :) they were really reasonable too, work pants were 12 and the linen ones were 20. Ooh and I also had to buy a maternity dress as I've got a friends wedding in 3 weeks, its a purple maxi dress from new look and really flattering to bump... All the normal non-maternity dresses I tried in a size up from my usual size just didn't look right as they were baggy on the top and really tight on my belly! So it was worth getting a maternity one for that.

I've just been living in leggings so far at the weekends. I don't think I will need many new tops as I have a lot of nice floaty drapey summer tops anyway that will look nice with the linen trousers :) might just try and find 1 pair of maternity cropped jeans for the summer and I think that will do me.

I'm being quite tight with maternity clothes, I don't see the point in spending loads on them since I go to bed at 9pm every night so don't exactly have a hot social life haha! I would rather make do, and then go on a big shopping spree for some nice new stuff when (if!) I get my figure back after LO is born :) or as is more likely, spend all the money on LO's wardrobe instead, lol xxx

Oh you've just reminded me I had a wedding to go to in about 5 weeks and I really don't know what I'm going to wear! I'm not really one for dresses and skirts and I'm reluctant to buy something that realistically I'm only going to wear once. Eep!

I really should go and get some more maternity wear! But I find there is such little choice in the shops, drives me mad :( Bought a few maternity tops at the weekend, and literally living in my old size 10 leggings.. Cannot wait to be able to fit back in my skinny jeans again!!

Does anyone know where there is a bigger selection of maternity clothes?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back