I have to get this off my chest....(long post, sorry)

oh zoe sorry to hear you have been feeling like this. i really hope you can put those feelings behind you and really enjoy being a mummy. xx lots of love always here if you need anything :hug:

i had almost the exact same experience as Kelly S it wasnt til i had my second son and bonded instantly with him that i realised i hadnt had that with Alex.
i'm glad it sounds like your starting to feel more comfortable about it all, its a daunting new experience and i really admire the fact you came on and wrote about it

good luck with everything :hug:

For me I turned a corner when I realised that Logan was an individual a little man who relied on me for everything, once I saw him as a person I began to bond with him.

In the begining I could only see him as a baby who wanted feeding ALL the time... because I was stressed this got in the way of us enjoying each other.

Now I feel that we have bonded totally and the love I have for him is all consuming, you will get there, it just takes time. Thank you for sharing and letting other girls know that they are not alone.. ( I am sure there are many who have read this and felt the same but havn't been brave enough to post)

:hug:

Again, I am moved to tears by your support. Oh has gone away tonight for the weekend, its a real turning point for me-just me and Ruby for the next 2 nights and I am really relaxed with it...

Roxanne :hug: I was always asking OH "Do you love Ruby", and I too worried she was coming between us. We both have found it hard to adjust to being parents-nothing prepares you for it, but we are solid and we will get through this. I am glad we are so solid, coz otherwise it may well of driven us apart. Dont worry about routine for now, just try and deal with things day to day until you feel brighter. I found speaking to my doctor and the anti deprssants have defo helped me-I feel positive and excited now each morning, instead of the awful dread when I opened my eyes

Lyndsey said:
if it helps I felt exactly the same way - I am getting better now and I hope you are too. Thanx for sharing and making girls realise they are not alone...... :hug:

Me too Zoe. You're not alone!
I'm feeling better now too but I'll never forget how awful those first few weeks were when they were meant to be so special. But now I'm just happy that I feel better and can be a 'proper' Mummy!

I'm glad you posted Zoe. Like Lyndsey says, you'll help other people in the same boat by letting them know they're not alone.

L x :hug:

roxanne080 said:
im scared that if i say it to someone they will take my baby away! also i feel am in the pressure of putting my baby in a routine and i feel confused cos i do not know what to do..

Roxanne, I felt so sad reading your post. I felt like that too. PLEASE don't worry about being honest with your GP or your Health Visitor about how you feel. They will NEVER take your baby away. There is so much help and support out there if you are open with them about your feelings.

Also, I know what you mean about the pressure of routines. Don't do it is my advice! Your little one is still so tiny. Just take each moment as it comes.

BIG hugs. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!
L xx :hug:

Aww girls, massive hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

My friend went through this with her first baby but it was so different the second time around. We now realise she had undiagnosed PND which is really sad as it's so easily treated. Enjoy your babies, you are all wonderful mummies as are all the ladies on here otherwise we wouldn't belong to a forum like this where we can share all the good and bad times :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back